• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions stopped working for library books

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download books for my kobo via overdrive.  I have adobe 4.0.  It has always worked then suddenly stopped.  If I try to download a book the message Error: Check Activation appears.  I have tried to deauthorize my computer so I can reauthorize it, but it says "unable to unauthorize computer.  Try later"  I also uninstalled the program and reinstalled it - that did nothing.  I then uninstalled it and installed 3.0 (older version)  Once I had 3.0 - any library book I tried to download attempted to open via Adobe Reader X with an error message of Unable to open the file.  So - no library books for me.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue or do I need to go back to paperback books?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check which program under open with for Digital Edition are choose from the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open Adobe digital editions first, then open the library site.  From there I "check out" the e books.  The book downloads then I either get the Check Activation error message (with ADE 4) or the error message Unable to open file (with ADE 3) With ADE 3 it looks like the books defaults to Adobe Reader X (like a PDF) and will not open.

This only started recently.  Last week ADE 4 worked well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are used Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after several months of reading library books with Adobe Digital Editions on my iPad, I am now unable to see books that I have downloaded from the library.  I can read them in Adobe Digital Editions on my Windows PC, but cannot see them in Adobe Digital Editions on the iPad.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant connect my book ro my ereader it says error check activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having a problem borrowing books from the library. Error getting License, License communication problem. E_Stream_Error. I have tried the usual solutions that have been suggested to no avail. Guess I go back to paper books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant wait for a reply my battery has ran out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too.  It just started on July 30, 2016 or so.  I didn't do anything different.  The 2 books I checked out from Overdrive and downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions version 4.5.  I can read them from the software but not on my Nook Glowlight.  When I transfer them to the Nook, it gives me an error.  I have downloaded it repeatedly and cannot read it.  Finally considering switching over to a Kindle because I am so fed up with Adobe Digital Editions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that the issues with my ereader and Adobe Digital Editions also started on July 30 2016.  I had no issues before but this week I can't check out e books from the library - I just get the error message.  I have contacted Adobe's live chat, but they were not able to help me.  I am hoping someone will have the answer soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add my complaint here, as well. I had thought the problem was related to my downloading the 3M Reader app, but after un-installing and re-installing both readers on my PC. But the problem also exists on my Android ADE app as well.Now, I can't return the ebooks to the library, and must wait 12 days for the expiration date.

I took the PC and phone to the Library technical support, but we still couldn't find a fix. Adobe customer support sent me here.

Hopefully an answer is forthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unauthorized my computer using Shift+Ctrl+D. Then I re-authorized the computer using my Adobe account. I can now download the books I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you that fixed the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also problems in opening digital books regularly purchased and payed. When I tap on the book on my IPad nothing happens, or I read the message 'The book is no more on the device', even though I'm sure I didn't erase anything from the library.

Moreover, the library on my Mac doesn't refresh and I can't find there the books I have purchased via IPad

Can someone help me?

Paolo from Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem with Overdrive/ADE started at the start of December.  The message is "Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server"  Where are the Adobe techs to look in to this?   Is there a problem with a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines