• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing flash debugger on IE 11 on Windows 10.

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I tried to install flash debugger for IE 11 on Windows 10. Used ( http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html -> Download the Flash Player content debugger for Internet Explorer - ActiveX ) After downloading trying to install got the message that my IE already has the latest flash player embedded. Then tried uninstalled it (using the guide from: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html ) After uninstall, tried to install the debugger once again, but I still get the same message about flash player already installed, although https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html I get that my Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled. From IE -> Manage Add- ons I see that under "Not Available" I see Shockwave Flash Object, Plublisher in N/A and Status in Enabled.

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to install Flash Player directly for IE and Edge on Windows 10.

While we would be more than happy to make a debugger variant of Flash Player available to Microsoft for distribution (and have advocated for it), they have declined to distribute it.

You're basically stuck with the choice of running a VM with Windows 7 or below, or using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox, where the installation of a system-wide Flash Player variant isn't prevented by W

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for same from the day windows 10 released, but no luck installing flash player debugger for IE in windows 10, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and Vikram,

With windows 8 onwards, Flash Player for Internet Explorer comes embedded with IE only. It gets updated with windows update. You can't uninstall FlashPlayer for IE and Further more can't install debugger player for IE.

If you want to debug your application , you can use debugger player for NSPlugin that will work on firefox.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for quick response, I have used flash player debugger update for windows 8 and 8.1 earlier but didn't found anything like that for windows 10 in Adobe flash debug players download page.

Do you have any news about release something like that for windows 10?

And about flash debugger for firefox / chrome, don't know about others but for me flash player will crashes most of the times while debugging which is annoying me very much. I never experienced such thing with IE (Not even a single time) so I prefer IE for debug flash apps. Please update us if you any news about flash debugger for IE in windows 10, and let us know if there is any work around for this.

Thanks,

Vikram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

Like i told you earlier, Flash Player debugger is not available for IE for windows 8 onwards. You can't uninstall flash player on windows 8.x, 10 .

Can you please share me how you install the debugger version earlier ?

Try to use debugger for NSPlugin, for firefoxcfor debugging flash player. If you face any problem, raise it on this forum. We'll get back to you.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivek,

Thanks for information, at very first time I was downloaded debugger for IE from Microsoft updates website for windows 8, later Adobe started updating link here Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Which still there for windows 8 & 8.1 but not for win 10.

I am already using debugger for NSPlugin,  it seems I don't have any choice but wait for update for IE in windows 10.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vikram_billa,

As you indicate, Flash Player debugger is available for Windows 8 and 8.1, but it is currently not available for Windows 10.  At this time, I do not have an estimate as to when Flash Player debugger for ActiveX will be available on Windows 10, however, it will be posted to the Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads page when it does become available for Windows 10.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WPF application with a Flash Player control so I need an ActiveX Flash Player debugger. What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Yeah. What genius at Adobe decided that the Flash Player for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 will automatically update itself but there won't be a debug version you can then install?

Bravo<clap-clap>Bravo

You can still download the latest windows 8.1 version, extract the dll from the msi and install it under the Windows\System32\Marcomed folder.

RAZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robz55841829,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Windows 10ActiveX debuggers for Windows 10 would also come from them, not Adobe.  Adobe is working closely with Microsoft to provide the debuggers for Windows 10.  Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate as to when Microsoft will make these available.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last post from Adobe staff reminds me of a current physical pain I have: the back doctor says it comes from my hip/the hip doctor says it comes from my back. Does this kind of run-around sound familiar? All the time they have me spinning, my PAIN is STILL THERE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us, what's the solution now to debug and old project using ADOBE Flash Builder on Windows 10? Give us a workaround at least because I cannot debug and fix anything unless I'm not able to install an activeX version of debug player on my system.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ KeremIseri,

You can use Firefox and the NPAPI debugger available at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads.

@rcarraway8

You're comment is not relevant to this thread, which is about content developers using the content debugger to debug their code on Win10 with IE or Edge browser.  If you have a valid issue, please start a new thread, or post to an existing relavant thread (to your issue)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a web project that I can use Firefox for debugging. It is an old SWFKit project which means the SWF file is wrapped as a desktop application and the only way to debug is to use ActiveX player to get traces at Flash Builder console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KeremIseri,

Since the project requires ActiveX Control for debugging you'll to wait until Microsoft makes the content debuggers available for Windows 10 or use a different OS.  I realize neither of these is optimal.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? We are facing a bug in Edge browser only that we can not debug because the debugger is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are following up with Microsoft on this.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Explorer have both lost Flash Player on my Windows 10 install, Microsoft Answer Desk are unable to help me with a solution,

Adobe, even though HTML5, are now taking over, many website still only use flash player, Please make a reinstaller for windows 10, not even microsoft can sort this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SignedAdam ,

Is your issue related to the content debuggers or Flash Player in general?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say it is related, you have changed the way any flash player product is installed, the only way your going to know it's not working, is by user feedback, if you dont get any user feedback, things will just stay broken, none of us want that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This thread is specific to the content debugger for Windows 10.  It's not about a non-content debugger installer, which is non-existent for Flash Player for IE/Edge on Windows 8 and above.  Microsoft, like Google, embeds Flash Player in the browser, and there isn't a separate installer for it.  When Flash Player is embedded in the browser by the browser vendor, all updates are released by the browser vendor, not Adobe, and there isn't a separate installer for those.

Please start a new thread for your "Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Explorer have both lost Flash Player on my Windows 10 install"  issue.  Conflating completely disparate issues in one discussion is confusing for users who go to a discussion for a specific issue.  Please start a new discussion and include the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot​

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note. I uninstalled Flash Player from it's listing in my control panel. Obviously, this did not do anything to help me view a movie I wanted to see online, since the flash player is imbedded in Win. 10. I then went to Adobe's web site and all they do is tell me flash player is installed and working correctly....NOT! I don't know what prompted me to try downloading Shockwave Player, but I did. Do you know what!!!I WAS THEN ABLE TO WATCH MY MOVIE! If you try this, make note that you download the appropriate version for your browser. Halaleujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda disappointing we are 8 months on and still no debugging capability in IE on Windows 10. This is pretty fundamental stuff, develop Flash apps, need debugging capabilities.

Is there any timeline on resolution for this? Any plans, any ideas, progress, anything?!

It is now the single issue stopping our company from moving our developers to Windows 10. Nearly ALL our client base (the NHS) use IE, We can't be developing and resolving issues that need debugging in Firefox (the only current option), we need to be running what the client is running.

I just have to reiterate the utter frustration we are experiencing that 2 giants like Microsoft and Adobe can't get their act together and get this totally basic and fundamental requirement sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darren.evans​ - Windows 10 - Flash content asking Internet Explorer to Install flash player

Go to the above link, scroll down to the bottom, you will find a Bodge Solution, only use this on a test system, and please dont use it as a long term solution,

Hope this helps, I and adobe are not responsible for any damage caused by follow the above solution, I would not even call it a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't plan to sit around and wait for Adobe and Microsoft to #$%& each other. Also, I would avoid fiddling with regedit and MS updates just to test Flash. For anyone needing to debug, I strongly suggest downloading the Win 7 Ie 11 VM and install debugging on a virtual machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines