• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ISF Export

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to export my import settings to the settings.isf file, I get the a message stating 'the file already exists/Would I like to replace', followed by 'Experiencing problem exporting settings'.

The file was created, and still exists, outside the project folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting to another location to see if you get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried 4 different locations - same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? What content are you linking (FM, Word?) - the .isf file is of limited use if you're importing content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2015 12.0.1.338. Importing from FM.

Here's why I was toying with the isf file.

1. When setting up the conversion, not all FM paragraph tags are in the list. I'm losing formatting because I'm unable to link the tags.

2. I import a frame doc and generate the project. RH creates and applies a css named after the imported file. This happens every time. Why doesn't it respect the css I've assigned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've never heard of the Conversion Settings screen not listing every FM tag in use; anything peculiar about these missing tags? Are they located in a doc or book you've excluded back in FM?

From what I understand, the import routine uses the css you specify as the basis for creating all the individual css files (tons & tons of them) that result. You can whip this into shape at generation time by specifying a css to be applied to all topics. You can also run your FM content through a FM template file to "regularize" the content before RH gets it - Matt Sullivan has described this method over in the FM INtegration forum several times.

There was a bug (#3970284 & 4033358) that started in RH11 that doubled up the css refs in each resulting topic in such a way that your "apply to all" one got ignored. I don't know if that's been fixed yet in FM2015. [edit RH2015]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Importing Word Docs on my site. The same principles apply and it

explains about the CSS used.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch #1. Closed the file and reopened. All tags are available.

Edit: They're all available in Import/Document. They're not all available in Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? ISF is relevant to importing.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - doesn't save much of your conversion setting mappings if you just do a straight import from FM. maybe that changed with RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff It does save them if you know the trick to get round the gotcha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Cool - what's the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's explained in the article on my site.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - the gotcha described in step #7 of this page - Importing Using RoboHelp 9, 10 and 11​ ?

I'll have to test that with my FM content - I'm thinking it's not working the same as Word imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I’ll never know. I was just let go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just fired, guys. I will not miss RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that tomb92212784​ - I just confirmed that Peter's "gotcha" was the cause of my believing that the .isf file wasn't saving all my settings for the FM content I was importing. My mistake was that I would browse for the isf file right after creating the new RH project in the Project Settings & not re-browsing it in the Import screen. Once did that or skipped doing it at the Project Settings stage and just browsed at the Import stage, it remembered all my FM paragraph tags and character tag settings no problem. Learn something new every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp