• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to preview mp3s b4 purchase

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to hear any sound when I click on a preview icon in mp3 downloading sites.... tried lowering all pop-up blockers and securities and still no joy. Upgraded Flash player to version 124, but still no joy. Any help going?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spookthephantom,

If this audio failure is encountered on a specific website, please reply with the URL.

There are several possible reasons audio may fail in Flash Player for Windows (assuming this is Windows), including the following:

• The installed audio driver may be outdated.
• The default device for sound playback may not match the installed audio card.
• The Windows system registry may be missing key entries for a Microsoft codec named 'WaveMapper'.

We have documented the solutions here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402691

If you require support, please open a FREE case here:

ADOBE SUPPORT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren

Have updated my audio driver to most recent (Realtek HD audio), my default device for playback matches and I have the wavemapper in my registry...... but I still can't preview a tune b4 a download. The site URL is

www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download/6-/DigitalHome.html

And yes, i'm on Windows. The preview player opens onscreen, but won't function and I know it works as I can preview them at work.

Derek. (spookthephantom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2008 Jun 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: spookthephantom
Hi Darren

Have updated my audio driver to most recent (Realtek HD audio), my default device for playback matches and I have the wavemapper in my registry...... but I still can't preview a tune b4 a download. The site URL is

www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download/6-/DigitalHome.html

And yes, i'm on Windows. The preview player opens onscreen, but won't function and I know it works as I can preview them at work.

Derek. (spookthephantom)

Hi Derek,

Are you able to hear audio on this site?

http://www.amophoto.com/AdobeFlashFolder/sound/audio.html

If this Flash audio works, I think you may need to contact the developers of Play.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

If this Flash audio works, I think you may need to contact the developers of Play.com.

No.... no sound from all 4 buttons!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Hi Derek,

Derek, okay there is definitely a problem conflicting on your system. Please open a case from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Respond with the case number and I will help you find the conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
quote:

Hi Derek,

Derek, okay there is definitely a problem conflicting on your system. Please open a case from here:

Hi Darren...... Case #0180258667

Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
quote:

Hi Derek,

Derek.

Thanks Derek, I took over the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek.

Thanks Derek, I took over the case.

Darren

The Flash Player installed at work is version 9,0,47,0 and I was able to play all four sounds on the link that you sent. Is it possible for me to download an older version of the player to determine if the player is the problem?

Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Darren

The Flash Player installed at work is version 9,0,47,0 and I was able to play all four sounds on the link that you sent. Is it possible for me to download an older version of the player to determine if the player is the problem?

Derek.

Hi Derek, I sent you and email with my contact info so we can work on this issue. We keep archived versions of Flash Player on the Adobe Flash Player support site. I would like to see what might be causing the audio to fail on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren

Derek.

Hi Derek, I sent you and email with my contact info so we can work on this issue. We keep archived versions of Flash Player on the Adobe Flash Player support site. I would like to see what might be causing the audio to fail on this machine.

Hi Darren
I'm at work just now, nightshift, and won't be home until 08:30 (currently 01:40 UK). What time suits you?

Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probly blew your speakers lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... then it would be easy, I just buy new speakers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the actual problem as my friend has experienced this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Jumanjisf
What is the actual problem as my friend has experienced this

The problem is as I have said.... I cannot get a playback of an mp3/wave sound with FlashPlayer when online. You say your friend "experienced" this problem... past tense. Has the problem been solved and if so, how? This is doing my head in now.... lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might work best if we communicate by email. Please respond to my email and we can arrange a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Folks

My problem has now been resolved thanks to Darren (cheers mate!). I installed an older version of player9. I plan to reinstall version124 again to see if old problem reappears and will let u all know what happens.
Thanks again Darren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines