• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not showing up

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to import my presets into lightroom with no luck! Im so frustrated! My computer just had a new hard drive installed and I was trying to put them back in and it does nothing. It acts like its going to but they never show up. The weird thing is, is when I go to preferences and hit show lightroom preset folder the develop preset folder is not there. Im not sure if that has something to do with it or not. I can manually search for the develop preset folder in my files and it does show up with all my presets in there, they are just not in lightroom. I have tried to exit out and go back in but they are still missing. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Please show a screen shot of your file manager showing the complete path to the LR Preset folder.

Jim all presets for LR on Windows are stored in the Users folder. Users>UserName>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Lightroom. It is not version specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Look at this link to find out where the Presets are stored for your operating system..

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Make sure your username has read & write (Mac) permissions or has Full Control (Windows) for that folder and all subfolders.

If you are copying over User Presets they have to be placed in the User Presets subfolder under the correct top level Presets folder. In your case the Develop Presets folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 7. Where can I see if I have full control?

They are in the develop preset folder but when I go through lightroom to find the develop preset folder it is not there. I have to physically search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Right Click on the folder "Lightroom" under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.

And select Properties then the Security tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it shows I have full control. I found the develop preset folder.. clicked on it and there was a lightroom folder and user preset folder. opened the user preset folder and there are all my presets. But how do I get them actually in lightroom? ive never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the develop preset folder.. clicked on it and there was a lightroom folder and user preset folder. opened the user preset folder and there are all my presets. But how do I get them actually in lightroom? ive never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you say that no presets are showing, I can interpret that to say that perhaps the preset option is hidden. Right click on one of the other headings in the left-hand panel such as History, Collections, etc. and make sure there is a check mark for presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry.. I meant my downloaded ones are not showing. the preset heading is there along with the original folders that are there when you first get lr.. but my presets are just not importing and showing up. I even right click on thed user preset folder and try to import them that way. it acts like it does it, like its loading.. but they never show up,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance that you still have a folder from a previous version installed, and that is where your presets are located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I tell for sure? I mean I can see them under develop preset folder. They are physically all there, just not in lr. Should I delete all my folders and start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't feel comfortable making any recommendations in this regard. If you are on Windows, look in the Program Files folder on your main hard drive and look under Adobe. There could be a folder for an older version of Lightroom that contains your presets. If you find this to be the case then you could copy of those presets from that older Lightroom folder to the same sub folder in the current version.  If that isn't what you find then perhaps someone else will have a better suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of your file manager showing the complete path to the LR Preset folder.

Jim all presets for LR on Windows are stored in the Users folder. Users>UserName>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Lightroom. It is not version specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so far i haven't seen an answer on this that works - I'm on a mac - latest version of OS - using latest version of LR 6 (not cc). When i go to preferences and go to preset folder all of my presets are showing. I have store with catalog box checked OFF. None of my presets are showing in LR. I don't have previous versions of LR on the main drive ( i do have copies on backup drives). This is getting to be very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new preset with an UNUSUAL name.  Search for this preset in Finder.  Make sure you search System files.  Right click this file in finder and do "Show In Enclosing Folder".   This will determine where your presets are located.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 1.12.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, this helped me find the problem. I had two folders in HD/users/Library/application support/adobe. One was labeled Lightroom and the other was Lightroom presets. When i went in LR/preferences/presets and hit button to show preset in folder it went to the Lightroom Preset folder. But when i created a new preset from LR it went into the Lightroom folder. So i moved all the presets from the Lightroom preset folder to the Lightroom folder. Now all my presets are showing in LR and when i check location via preferences it shows the Lightroom folder. No idea how this happened but from the number of questions around this subject it might be the situation in more cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines