Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot generate Help layout

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2008 Mar 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,
I am facing a problem trying to generate a WebHelp primary Layout, when I click on "View Primary Layout" or "Generate Primary Layout" buttons; nothing happens. I am using RoboHelp 7 with MS Office Word 2007.
I am working on 2 projects and this is happening in one project only so I am thinking it may be something in the file format !!
I noticed also that when I click on "Save" button and then try to close the word document, a confirmation message apears that I must save first, when I click on Save and try to close the word file; the confirmation message appears again, the only action that can let me close the file is to click on "No" for the saving dialog box.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008
There is a thread where a few Adobe RoboHelp for Word 7 users have reported that they cannot save changes or generate an output. The cause has been isolated to the RHComAdd.DLL being disabled.

Check for that in Word

- For versions up to 2003 go to Help | About | Disabled Items. If RHComAdd.DLL appears, re-enable it.

- For Word 2007, go to the Office Button | Resources | About | Add-ins. Under "Manage" select Disabled Items. If RHComAdd.DLL appears, re-enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thread where a few Adobe RoboHelp for Word 7 users have reported that they cannot save changes or generate an output. The cause has been isolated to the RHComAdd.DLL being disabled.

Check for that in Word

- For versions up to 2003 go to Help | About | Disabled Items. If RHComAdd.DLL appears, re-enable it.

- For Word 2007, go to the Office Button | Resources | About | Add-ins. Under "Manage" select Disabled Items. If RHComAdd.DLL appears, re-enable it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks a lot, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same problem with the RHComAdd.dll file being disabled whenever I shut down RoboHelp. I am not access Word thru IE or any other program. I am on RoboHelp Word build 7.0.2, which is supposed to have addressed this issue. This is extremely frustrating as I keep losing all of my formatting. I'd appreciate any assistance that you can offer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Not sure why you are getting this still as since the patch, I have not seen any other reports.

Could it be that you need to manually fix it once and then the patch keeps it from happening again?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I have confirmed just this morning that I can enable the add-in via Word, but it is then disabled when I launch Word from RoboHelp 7.02.001. This is getting very frustrating. I appreciate any assistance you can provide. I am on Word 2007 and XP SP2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to send me this project?

The easiest way is via http://www.transferbigfiles.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let me remove some confidential things first and I'll let you know when it is posted. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me an email address off-list so I can send you the directory address where I'm uploading it. Mine is josh.greenbaum!!@!!emory.edu (remove the !'s for the correct address). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the address on the Contact page of my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be something to do with your setup. I can open and close the project and the document without any errors and have done so several times. Odd that it doesn't complain that the document does not complain about it having been opened in a different version as Word normally does.

Do you have more than one version of Word installed? Was RH installed after Word?

Depending on your answers, I think my next suggestion is to uninstall patch 7.0.2, then uninstall patch 7.0.1, then uninstall RH. After that, reinstall and try again.

Your project and the document are on a local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the add-in enabled all the time with my project?

As far as I know, only Word 07 is installed. It was installed before RH was. The project and document are on a n/w drive, and Word is loaded locally.

How do I uninstall the patches one by one?

This might be totally irrelevant, but I still have RH X5 installed. Should I uninstall that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No X5 is not irrelevant, it is most likely the problem. Whilst you can run mulitple version of RH HTML, that is not true of RH for Word and most likely the problem.

You will find the 7.0.2 patch in Add / Remove programs and after removing it you should see 7.0.1. If not, proceed to uninstall RH7 and then X5. After that reinstall RH7 and the two patches.

After that, try again. That should work.

Whilst you can have your RH for Word document on a network, I am not sure about the project. RH HTML projects being on a network is a big no no but the reasons don't apply to RH for Word, Might be other reasons though so that would be the next thing to try.

Please let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I have moved the project locally. I then uninstalled RH 7, RH Control, and RH X5. Then I reintstalled RH 7 and applied the patch to 7.0.2. I opened the project, enabled the Add-In, and confirmed it was enabled. I closed RH and re-opened and the add-in is disabled. And all of my formatting is gone. I'm at a loss. We tried calling Adobe support and they bounced us from place to place and finally gave us a busy tone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I'm not out to lunch yet, thanks Harvey. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried closing RH, opening Word by itself, enabling the add-in and closing Word before you launch RH 7 again? Maybe reboot in between?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Josh

You said before your project was on the network. Now you are referring to RH Source Control. That pulls the stuff off the network drive so that while you are editing, it is local.

I don't know whether or not including RH Source Control will have affected things but I think more likely is the RH7 template simply doesn't have your styles. You need to import them from an older template using Word's organiser. See Before You Install on Adobe's site.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp

While we fix this issue and the add-n problem, can you get all files out of source control so that we know that is not part of either problem?

Also can you send me some screenshots of what things should look like so that I can compare that with what I am seeing?

It's late here now so I won't be replying any more until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp