Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encrypted section error on InkBook reader

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have strange issue. I just bought few ebooks on Google Play and used Adobe Digital Editions to send them to my InkBook reader, but after transfering files when I try to read them, I see only message "Encrypted Section". Files are only available in epub format. I can read them on my PC and my mobile phone, but not on my InkBook. I quess it's some kind of problem with DRM. Any suggestions what should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if your Reader the file format of your eBooks supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it supports epub. I have one book bought in different store and it works fine. There is problem only with epubs from Google Books store. PDFs from Google works fine, but for those books I don't have pdfs available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to connect Google support so that check the files if fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, Google Books support is mostly based on FAQ, and getting in touch with them is a not so simple. As I followed all instructions from their FAQ I fought that it might be a problem with Digital Editions as this is the only tool to copy those ebooks to other device.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be a problem with all epubs from Google Books. Some books are available in PDF and EPUB, and all PDFs works fine, but EPUBs have this issue with encryption. I think there is some kind of problem with decoding them while sending to device (to be sure, my InkBOOK is authorized in Digital Editions). And as I said, book in epub from other shop works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If other eBooks of other reseller work than no problem with digital edition, your reader and your Adobe ID. The problem are by the google eBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines