• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Java Version 8 to view JavaHelp?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7.  I recently upgraded to Robohelp 2015.   Since I installed RoboHelp 2015, it is now saying JavaHelp 2.0 or later is required to view the Javahelp output.  I always run into this problem when anything changes in my system or RoboHelp.  Then the problem becomes that RoboHelp does not seem to work with Java 8, but rather wants Java 7, which always creates problems.

Does anyone know if RoboHelp 2015 works with Java 8 (whereas the older versions of RoboHelp did not work with Java 8)?  I know very few people create JavaHelp output but my customer still needs it.

Thanks,

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure that within the last few months someone posted something about this problem. Can't look right now so see if you can track it down. Post back if not.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, I did some searching, but did not find anything.  I am not going to worry about it because I am also now generating the help as WebHelp output and I can review that.  My customer is eventually going to quit wanting the JavaHelp output produced.

Thank you for your help.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp