• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions stopped working

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hello.  I’m on Windows 10.  My ADE 4.5 stopped working, i checked in here to get solutions and did everything but nothing works !  I cant see any of the books that were in ADE either and when i try to transfer  a book I borrowed from the library to my Kobo.  Everytime I drag and click it I get the following message. «Adobe digital editions has stopped working windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available».   Is Adobe working on the problem ???   PLEASE HELP i dont want to go back to paper books !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which solutions has you try exactyl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried to deinstalled and reinstalled ADE 4.5.1, then deinstalled it and installed ADE 3.0, then deleted file named : Adobe_Systems_Incorporate, then also tried to open both version with admin rights, Nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing, deinstalled 4,5, install 3,0, deinst 3,0, reinst 4,5

All the titles I had before desapeared, I just have a blank screen with ADE display. When I click the Reading button (in french "Lecture"), the program crash and I get the same windows error message then Chantal.

Would it be a generalized and temporary problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly Diane !  I hope that someone at Adobe will repair this !  It's taking long now ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chantal,

I had other problems with ADE before. Sometimes, to download the borrowed books with another activated computer (same Adobe ID account) do the trick. I will try this right away once I'll have my main computer at hand. Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with ADE 4.4.

Try to install another version.

You can find them here: Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions

I hope that will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jenny, i already did that many times and it did not work but thanks for trying anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, i dont have another pc to try it on   Waiting for other solution.  Getting desesperte now :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution   i even re-intalled my Kobo and still nothing working.  Kobo is of no help either but they wont sell many reader anymore if ADE does not solve our problem....  very frustrated now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution for ADE !  Someone there is not doing his job !!!  Even if this program is free, they dont seems to care about customers at all ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!! Getting very mad now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I tryed to get help from different Adobe-supporters, but nobody could help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my ADE working again.

1.) I uninstalled ALL Adobe products, cleared the recycle bin and rebooted.

2.) I searched for a all folders and sub-folders with Adobe in the

name and deleted them, cleared the recycle bin and rebooted.

3.) I downloaded another copy of ADE 3.0

4.) I deleted all existing .acsm files

5.) I installed ADE 3.0

6.) I downloaded fresh copies of my acsm files.

ADE now pulls the books for the acsm.

I don't really trust ADE yet, so I downloaded a different reader.

But I am back to reading what I want to read, when I want to read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I found the solution in another Adobe chat. It worked perfectly for me. Rename the My Digital Edition  Folder under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old

Good luck!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG DIANE ! it worked !!!!  BIG HUGS !  For ADE to read acsm i had to go to File - Add to biblio - and then before adding the name of the acsm file, change the extension (right side of the square for the name to : Message Adobe...acsm....  and it did translated it into epub and i was able to transfer it on my Kobo.  ADE crashed after but i had my books on my Kobo reader :-))  jumping up and down LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE is working on PC (Windows 10) but does not work on IOS and Android.

The library appears empty....

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has check to remove the my Digital Edition folder in your File system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do that in IOs (Ipad)?

In Windows 10 i don´t have any problem. The problem appears in IOs (ipad) o in Android. My books on the library with authorized device doesn´t download. This is a recent problem with the new ADE version.

Before all my books was synchronized between all devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a app which show your file system. In this you found also a my Digital Edition folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem and no answer.....:-((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating. Apparently the problem has to do with an incompatibility between ADE 1.7 and ADE 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5. And is that ADE does not allow changing the directory "My Digital Editions" and hence the conflict.

In my case, solve it by uninstalling both versions (1.7 and 4.5), delete the folder "My Digital Editions" (of course saving the information of the books). Then modify the 1.7 installer by changing the string "My Digital Editions" to "My_Digital_Editions" (with underscores). Use a HEX editor.

Then reinstall both programs in the following order:

1. ADE 1.7

2. ADE 4.5

Copy the backups into the appropriate folder (with or without underscores). And ready. You have both versions working.

Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue and these instructions are too complicated for me.  I'm on a desktop Windows 10 with 4.5. (I've uninstalled 3.0).  I can see all my books when I open ADE, but cannot download anything onto my Kobo device. ADE keeps crashing.

Any other help out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, now when I try to download a book it goes into acrobat instead of ADE and won't allow a download obviously...?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. Try the following treath:

Re: I am having a problem transferring drm books to my kobo touch

Sorry. I do not know the kobo system.

You may need to reinstall the ADE by manually deleting the "May Digital Editions" foder. (Back up the books first). Without installing the ADE 1.7, only the ADE 4.5. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines