• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PowerPoint crashes when recording audio

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2006 Jun 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Breeze Presenter 5 successfully on my previous laptop. I now have a new laptop running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Office for Students & Teachers 2003, SP2. I have installed all of the relevant Office updates. (Toshiba Satellite M100 w/intel Centrino Duo)

I select the Breeze menu and record audio. I can get past the microphone test screen but as soon as I click the record button PowerPoint crashes. "Microsoft PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have uninstalled & reinstalled Breeze, I have repaired it using the installer and I have used several different microphones - both USB and microphone jack. I have used the Windows sound recorder to test my mike and it works OK there.

My Breeze info is: Breeze Presenter v. 5.0.207 build 207
Is there a patch for my problem or a setting I should change? I can't figure out what else to do. I didn't have this type of problem on my old computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2006 Jun 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see you have tried to re-install Breeze, but have you tried to repair Powerpoint? If I understand correctly, Breeze is simply encapsulated with Powerpoint, so you may want to try and re-install that. Give that a try and let me know what happens, if it is still giving you problems we will see what else we can do.

Let me know!

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2006 Jun 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Yes, I have completely uninstalled PowerPoint and reinstalled. I completely uninstalled Microsoft Office and reinstalled from the CD. I tried Breeze after the initial reinstall in case the "older" version of PPT worked. No luck. I applied all updates to PPT. I donwloaded and installed (after uninstalling Breeze 5.0) Breeze 5.1.246 and then when that didn't work uninstalled and installed Breeze Presenter 5.1.269 which seems to be the most recent version. My toshiba laptop is using Realtek High Definition Audio - if I go into the device manager and disable that I can bring up the Breeze recorder without crashing but I don't get any audio. Oh, yes, I also completely uninstalled McAfee virus & control center (I wanted to dump that anyway) and installed AVG instead.
Any ideas of what else might be getting in the way? I can playback any of my previously created Breeze presentions.
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of sound card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the exact same situation and problem. Has anyone found a solution for this error? The only difference is that I am running a desktop with an AMD dual processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the exact same situation and problem. The only difference is that I am running a desktop with an AMD dual processor.

Has anyone found a solution for this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Now today is 3-30-2007. The problem continue. I have presenter 5.1.269 and office 2003 sp2 and every time I start recording is crash with run time error 217. I have soundblaster X-Fi and have not problem recording anything outside the powerpoint. Anyone have any progress on this problem??????????????????????

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the EXACT same problem with several PC's at the Uni and we have worked with Adobe to isolate the problem to PC's with an Audigy 2 Soundcard or Realtek soundcard running version 5.1 Build 269 of the Presenter. The resolve is to install version 6 of the Presenter, you can still upload your Breeze presentations to the version 5 or 5.1 server for playback. Contact Adobe tech support for a link to the download of 6 if you are on a licenced server.
Ta
Kevan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found it to be the Realtek sound card as Kev UCLan has. My workaround was to buy an external usb soundcard and everything worked great. I will be upgrading to version 6 soon which will hopefully keep me from having to buy a couple more external soundcards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
J'ai exactement le même problème lors de l'enregistrement audio ( select the Breeze menu and record audio. I can get past the microphone test screen but as soon as I click the record button PowerPoint crashes. "Microsoft PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." ) et pourtant j'ai un ordi neuf et performant et un Powerpoint qui vient d'être installé si ce problème revient chez plusieurs personnes c'est qu'il doit exister une solution !
Qui a la solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I have a Realtec also...I downloaded the trial version today as I am deciding between Adobe, Articulate and Pointecast. Twice I crashed after I tried to exit the record function and publish. Both times, all audio is lost and cannot be connected to the file. Unless someone knows of a fix, I can scratch this off of my list of trials. Too bad, because so far my perception has been favorable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2008 Jun 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem occur in Presenter 7 as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Presenter 7 and have the problem that the people above had with Presenter 5...so, it seems to me that this isn't resolved yet. I found a topic in the knowledge base that said it was a known bug and would be resolved - that was from 2006, i think. But, here I am in 2008 and I can't trial the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the notice that they know there is a problem and are working to resolve it. The last update was in 2006...that is not very encouraging to me.

I tried to send a trouble ticket from the website...it didn't let me choose Presenter as the problem, so I had to choose something else. I never heard back. I sent a general customer service report of a problem - again, no response. Two weeks later, I called, wanting to determine if there was a resolution that would allow me to try this product, with the goal of buying it. I was disconnected from the call center during the middle of the call. Not sure if I will try to call back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I called. This time the person I spoke with, unlike the first person who transferred me to someone else, said that this is a known problem with the trial software and will be fixed by July 1st, 2008. Hmmm. Guess there is no way to really know. I may download a new trial then just to see what happens. The tech support person said he couldn't offer me support for a trial - fair enough. But, I can't see paying for something that doesn't work with no one being able to tell me if there is a fix or not. If I try it again in early July, I'll report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue that has been detailed in the kb has already been fixed (at least 1 year earlier).

Would you please share the detailed info about your sound card. We would love to fix it in the next release.

BTW, sorry for the inconveniences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the problem being discussed here. I discovered that it only happens when I import script from PowerPoint. If I do not import script for recording the audio is recorded just fine. By not being able to import script it takes away a valuable tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I suspect there would some special character in your script!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources