• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank white slides in Captivate 9

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was trying to set up a new Captivate presentation by uploading a PowerPoint slide deck with 19 slides. Captivate imported the slide deck, showing the thumbnails allowing me to choose which slides to include. But when the development view came up, all 19 slides had a place in the "filmstrip" on the left, and each place had the slide title underneath, but the slides themselves were blank. Nothing but white.

I poked around and nothing worked to restore the images on the slides. I restarted Captivate many times. I restarted the computer. I tried to open another presentation. I tried to create another presentation. I tried to import an image. I verified that the Power Point file was operating as expected. And the list goes on and on... But there was absolutely no change - nothing but white, unusable slides. Also, Captivate wouldn't let me open any other presentations that we had previously created.

Eventually I logged out of the computer and let my coworker log in with his credentials. He went to Captivate and attempted to create the exact same presentation that I had initially tried to make. Captivate performed normally under his login. But I can't get anything done in it under my login.

I'm the Captivate guy in my organization. I work with it all the time. I need to use it to perform my job responsibilities. But I currently don't have access to it, and I don't know why.

Can anyone help?  Many thanks!

Russell

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell,

A couple of things to check:

Are you logged in as Admin on the machine?

Are your running Cp as Admin / with Admin privileges?

Application Properties (shortcut) - Advanced Properties OFF 2016-09-30_9-45-35.png

What version of Office & PowerPoint are you running?

Are you importing PPT or PPTx?

Cp 9 will prefer PPTx.

Are you using High Fidelity? Linked?

Advance Slide - On mouse Click 2015-09-29_7-27-52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what has been suggested, have you tried previewing the project? If so, are you able to preview or do you see white slides there as well? And during the preview, try clicking to see if things advance.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources