• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to glossary

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to link pages to get the look I want thanks to everyone's help but one more question. With some keywords we would like the link to point to the glossary. It does not have to link to the word (although that would be pretty cool) just the glossary on the right and the main page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 24, 2008 Jun 24, 2008
Hi jtncarter,
My suggestion:
Using the Hotspot wizard in the glossary pod, link the words to topics and these words(listed in glossary) are displayed as hyperlinks in the output. You can click the words to see their definition in the form of expanded text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2008 Jun 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jtncarter,
My suggestion:
Using the Hotspot wizard in the glossary pod, link the words to topics and these words(listed in glossary) are displayed as hyperlinks in the output. You can click the words to see their definition in the form of expanded text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it works great. I am so glad I found this forum.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good tip I learned from John Daigle is to enclose the glossary definition in brackets. That way when the hotspot is clicked, the definition appears after it in brackets to make reading easier both online and printed. See how much better the first example reads.

This is a hotspot [a link to show additional information] in this topic.

This is a hotspot a link to show additional information in this topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's going to take a little more time but I think it will be worth it. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter is correct. This is a hotspot...

I am sorry for the typo..

Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't picking you on the term Pooja. I was just adding the use of brackets as a good practice.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp