• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video demo issues

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I am new to Captivate 9 (I used earlier versions) and am having trouble with the Video demo feature.

When I record the video demo I make sure that the red capture window is appropriately placed and the application I am demo-ing fits perfectly inside this window.

However, on playback part of the application I captured is cut off, the mouse movements are inaccurate or missing, and the red capture window is showing. Also, the video is off-center and is showing part of my desktop, which is not something I want to show at all.  I do not see any of the desktop within the red capture window when recording.

I also tried to snap the application into the red capture window and the application did not fill the window. I had to resize it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Just a quick question here. Do you foresee that this will be the most often used way of working with Captivate? Video Demo?

If so, you would do yourself a massive favor by using a different tool. Check out TechSmith Camtasia Studio. It's a tool that is totally geared toward that type of recording and where it really shines is in the editing aspect. So I'd definitely download the eval and kick the tires.

As far as Captivate 9 goes, I'm wondering if perhaps you need to maybe adjust your computer settings. Somewhere in the settings for your display should be a setting that controls the "zoom level" of text and other items. Perhaps that needs tweaking?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources