• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

web app custom field _nolink

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I trying to add a nav to my email campaigns with a web app.

I've added a Text (hyperlink) field in my webapp titled "navUrl" but I dont want the link and {tag_navUrl_nolink} or {tag_navUrl_value} wont work.

this is what im trying to achieve:

<table class="menu">
  <tr>
   <td>
   <table>
   <tr>
   <th class="menu-item"><a href="{tag_navUrl_nolink}">{tag_name_nolink}</a></th>
   <th class="menu-item"><a href="http://mywebsite.businesscatalyst.com/index.htm">Home</a></th>
   </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
  </tr>
</table>

I know i can use the Text (string) field but it gives more chance of the client stuffing it up if they are typing out a link rather then just selecting.

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 10.09.05 PM.png

thanks

Luke

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Use liquid instead which will render in the layouts called in a web app. I gather with the above on module_webapps you have template="" so liquid will render in that then through to the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this possible or is their no tag that will work with campaigns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you have the code?

If that is not inside the web app layout then it wont work because it needs the reference.

You also need an absolute url to work for your campaigns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the code in my email-webapp-nav.tpl layout

<th class="menu-item"><a href="{tag_navUrl_nolink}">{tag_name_nolink}</a></th>

and in my template

<table class="menu">
  <tr>
   <td>
   <table>
   <tr>

{module_webapps id="33863" filter="all" template="/Layouts/Email/email-webapp-nav.tpl"}
   </tr>
   </table>
   </td>
  </tr>
</table>

everything works fine with the layout its just the {tag_navUrl_nolink} is not working but {tag_navUrl} is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use liquid instead which will render in the layouts called in a web app. I gather with the above on module_webapps you have template="" so liquid will render in that then through to the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam you are a bloody legend!!

I thought it would effect the ICE editor so didn't even think about it.

<th class="menu-item"><a href="{{navurl}}">{{name}}</a></th>

This worked.

Thanks mate I'm going to be broke by the amount of beers I owe you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did a normal layout I think it would have worked fine. But through a custom template, I think as part of the liquid rendering from a layout to work in an email campaign may have had some knock on effects. But liquid does work here so should be all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well after all that I couldn't get the email to be responsive because BC was changing my code once I pasted it into the portal newsletter templates. Many hours wasted but its ok Adobe my time isn't important. I just don't understand how the editor hasn't been updated yet or an option to place my code without it being "fixed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several responsive elements.

If it is changing your code, considering your email needs to be based around XHTML strict (of which the editor in the portal will follow) there will be likely issues and errors in there Luke that the editor is trying to handle and not able too.
So in this case that is actually an important thing, if it IS breaking for an email, the email actually needs to be changed otherwise it is a sure bet it wont be working in a number of email clients, Outlook's being the main one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks Liam I think i'm just going to avoid putting nav type links into email for now and go over everything i've done to check for errors, thanks for your help anyway buddy really appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nav type links are totally fine, but again it is based on what are you trying to do in terms of the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines