Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of Presenter Add-in in Powerpoint is not possible

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

I have installed Adobe Presenter 10 64bit. When working in Powerpoint 2013 I got the message "Presenter detected an unexpected problem". So I had to deactivate the plug in. Once I wanted to reactivate it did not work any more , it just ignored my checkmark and deleted it again.

I then found the recommendation to delete the plug in and to add it again. Now I get the error message that the file MenuLaunch.dll is not a valid file. I am quite desperate as I am under time preassure.

Any body who can help?

Thx

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Fix:

While disabling the Presenter plugin form PowerPoint, sometimes registry entry for the Presenter Application gets deleted as well.

Due to this, Presenter ribbon is no more visible in the PowerPoint and also manually adding the Plugin does not help, because we do not have registry entries for Presenter anymore.

In such a case, uninstalling and re-installing the Presenter application fixes the issue.

Please mark this answer as correct if you find it helpful.

Regards,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the help document - Adobe Presenter ribbon may not be visible in Microsoft PowerPoint even if Presenter is installed.

Kindly let me know if your issue is still not resolved or if you face any other problem further.

Regards,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Zeeshan,

thank you for your reply.

I followed this tutorial already and found the following problem:

Go to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 15.0 > ClickToRun > REGISTRY > MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns >AdobePresenter.COMAddin.

My folder stops here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 15.0 >

No ClickToRun can be found in my registry.

Any help is appreciated

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a separate mail. Please check.

Regards,
Zeeshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix:

While disabling the Presenter plugin form PowerPoint, sometimes registry entry for the Presenter Application gets deleted as well.

Due to this, Presenter ribbon is no more visible in the PowerPoint and also manually adding the Plugin does not help, because we do not have registry entries for Presenter anymore.

In such a case, uninstalling and re-installing the Presenter application fixes the issue.

Regards,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering TYeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same issue - when I try the steps in the help document  my folder stops at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 15.0 > and there is no ClickToRun can be found in my registry.

What should I do in this case?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Presenter 11 and Office 365 - my email is peter.jones@ibx.com.

Please send help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Presenter 9 and PowerPoint 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Adobe Presenter 9 is not tested with Office 2016. Ever Presenter 11 is not certified with Office 2016 yet. However there are no major issues reported with Presenter 11 and office 2016.

I would request you to please initiate a chat with Adobe support to get your issue fixed. Please click on the below link to initiate the chat with Adobe support:

Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are major problems with Presenter 11 and PPT 2016...it doesn't show in the ribbon.

All the fixes offered have been tried and none work.

Is there any version of Presenter that actually works with PPT 2016? and where do I find one??:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources