• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting HTM file to MHT Format

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Google right now trying to learn exactly what MHT Format is. I have found software that will convert certain files over to MHT but cannot find anything specific to HTM of XPJ file conversion.

Does anyone have any advice and/or experience with this?

Thanks
Cindi
TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008
This issue was resolved - instead of me having to change my output - vendor preparing the information for the Federal changed their output.

One point for RoboHelp WebHelp Pro Output Folder!

Thanks for your help - Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cindi -

This is a MIME HTML file. From FileExt:

MHT is an archived Web page (Microsoft). When you save a Web page as a Web archive in Internet Explorer, the Web page saves this information in Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension HTML (MHTML) format with a .MHT file extension. All relative links in the Web page are remapped and the embedded content is included in the .MHT file. The absolute references or hyperlinks on the Web page remain unchanged and the .MHT file is viewed using Internet Explorer.

Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.

Also see Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.mht

Why do you need to convert your source project files to MIME HTML? I could understand the GENERATED WebHelp project being converted for precieved ease of transport or if the auditors only have access to IE, but source files?

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am being compliant with an audit of my website. The vendor that is preparing the files for the audit is having trouble opening the .htm file that I sent.

Yes, I would only be interested in converting the WebHelp Pro Output files - good catch!

Have you ever converted the files before?

Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cindi -

I have not converted/used Microsoft MHTL. We save / submit our generated projects as zip files to extract to the desktop. I provide the launch file name and the entire project is ready to use.

Not sure about WebHelp PRO output (I don't use the Pro version). I would generate your project to your local hard drive (default goes to the RH !SSL! directory) then zip up the generated directory. Have the auditor create a new directory on their desktop, unzip your file into it and launch your start file (ours is called index.htm) - your entire project will be up and running for them.

You could also use a packaging program to make an executable to would create the desktop folder and extract files into it.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue was resolved - instead of me having to change my output - vendor preparing the information for the Federal changed their output.

One point for RoboHelp WebHelp Pro Output Folder!

Thanks for your help - Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp