• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFILE pdf over 30mb fails

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a simple cffile to upload pdfs.  I just moved from a CF9 to a CF10 server.  There weren't any limits on the old server, but this one seems to have a limit of 30 or so MB for a pdf file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

IIS defaults to a 30MB upload limit.  Check this article (and the first reply) for the solution:

IIS7 File Upload Size Limits » Web Trenches

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of things that will limit file upload size.  First and foremost is physical RAM.  If your server has less than 8gig, you need more.  Suggest 16gig, minimum; 32 is better.

Next would be the settings in CFAdmin.  You already set this to 50, so most likely not the issue.

Next would be the settings in the web server (IIS or Apache are the most common.)  I'm not a web server guru, so don't know even where to look, for that, but it's something to consider.

Another possible cause might be timeout.  If the connection is slow enough that the 30mb upload is taking more than two minutes, there might be a timing out problem.  Try using CFSETTINGS to up the timeout to 3600 seconds, and see if that helps.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.

RAM

Old server had 2GB and was running the webserver and MS SQL server.

New server has 6GB, clearly still low, but 3 times what I had before.

CFAdmin, I upped it to 100, yeah I know, it was already set at 50, but I saw the old server was at 100.  I looked through the rest of the settings and didn't see anything there.

I am not a web person of any type, I looked around in IIS and can't see any settings for this.  I also don't remember tinkering with that on the old server.

It is uploading fast, it's an intranet.  Probably getting the error in about 5 or 10 seconds, so it's not timing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then I can recommend two courses of action.  1) Check the logs in CFAdmin and see if any of them indicate a reason for the failure to upload.  2) Place CFTRY/CFCATCH/CFDUMP around the CFFILE tag and see if the CFDUMP reveals anything.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIS defaults to a 30MB upload limit.  Check this article (and the first reply) for the solution:

IIS7 File Upload Size Limits » Web Trenches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I never would have found that.  It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation