• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Won't Launch

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after a forced software update at work, ADE stopped launching properly.  The push included an Adobe Flash update.  We use a proxy for internet access at work.  I'm using a PC on Win 7 Pro.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE (both previous and current versions), as well as renaming and deleting the My Digital Editions folder with no luck

Previously when ADE worked, I would get the normal proxy password popup presumably to allow ADE to access the PC's authorization. And the launch would continue.  Now I no longer get the proxy password popup and the ADE launch appears to hang resulting in an incomplete ADE window (no left panel at all) with most of the pull-down tab options grayed-out.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the fix (was documented elsewhere by others).  Deleting (or renaming) the "My Digital Editions" directory on the C drive resulted in ADE launching successfully and creating a new directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines