Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization denied

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I own a Windows 8 and for several days I'm trying to read three books purchased on the net.

Initially I read them only on PC, now, after many attempts, not even that.

I tried everything, I got to call for service kobo, that after a few suggestions invited me to contact you.

Right now I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE 3.0

I do not open anything and I transfer anything.

If I try to read up on pc it answers:

1-COPY_NOT_ALLOWED (when i try to copy the book on my device)

2- the vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open

or

Can you help me please?

Patrizia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Have you Digital Edition and your Reader authoire with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Digital Edition and your Reader authoire with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the problem is that ... but I do not know how to solve it. I changed my pw to load recent books because for several years I have not bought e-books. It can be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nein, das Passwort are not important. Has you in the past a other adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had another ID in another pc...

I have a new pc and i forgot the pw, because I didnt use ADE for more a year (i am jurassic, i read paper books).

Ten days ago i changed pw and i logged in ADOBE, but than I could not do anything in it 😞

the mail is the same, of course...

(thanks for your time... and your brain...:-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm Patrizia, can you check if your current version of DE is authorized without an ID....

Then if it is, please deauthorize it, and then authorize it with your Adobe ID linked to your ePubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deauthorized pc which was authorized without an ID, but when I want authorize with my ID, it tells me

THE SPECIFIED ACCOUNT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE ITEM YOU ARE TRYING TO OPEN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patriziaz20365860 schrieb:

I had another ID in another pc...

I have a new pc and i forgot the pw, because I didnt use ADE for more a year (i am jurassic, i read paper books).

Ten days ago i changed pw and i logged in ADOBE, but than I could not do anything in it 😞

the mail is the same, of course...

(thanks for your time... and your brain...:-))

You must found the password of your old Adobe ID. The eBooks which are linked with the Adobe ID. For access to the old account should contact the customer support. Ask customer support for help with the Adobe ID: Contact Customer Care  (Digital Edition could not help but problem with password of a old account can help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having almost the same issue....Digi.jpg

I had to chat with 2 agents who still couldn't help me. And since you are only allowed to authorize only 6 devices, I keep wondering why I can't authorize this one then when I've only did that only on one device and in 2014.

I don't have access to that old device, and I can't use a different e-mail cause my DRM books are only linked to this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KekeletsoXathi schrieb:

I'm having almost the same issue....Digi.jpg

I had to chat with 2 agents who still couldn't help me. And since you are only allowed to authorize only 6 devices, I keep wondering why I can't authorize this one then when I've only did that only on one device and in 2014.

I don't have access to that old device, and I can't use a different e-mail cause my DRM books are only linked to this one.

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...when i select the adept key...I dont' find the file Export...but  (Default), so I stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export you found under Menu File.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made all things you suggested...

I opened ADE and authorized...

but nothing changed, and ADE tells me

the specified account is not associated with the item you are trying to open

...the old ID requirements are needed? email is the same, the pw no, I recovered it ... I am discouraged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must used the adobe ID which has used by th first download. You has write that has a other adobe ID before. This id you must used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand what you are asking me:

if my Adobe ID has the same mail,

if I changed pw by the only mail I use ten days ago

If I open my Adobe ID, in which there are my data...

What is the other ID?

And.. I changed PC a year ago: is ID  linked only to that pc?

But that pc doesn't exist longer...:-(

(Thanks for your patience...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines