• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can intellisense be turned off? (RH7)

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this feature be turned off somehow? I don't use it. Checked RoboHelp Help but didn't find any indication that it can be turned off.

I'd also like to adjust other "features" of the HTML editor (not color, though that seems to be the only thing one can adjust). Any tips?

Thanks
Eileen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen

You might try right-clicking when editing the HTML of a topic. Try DE-selecting "Expansions".

Does that get you what you want?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!
My gosh, that was the quickest answer I've ever received here. Thanks!
/Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, just happenstance and timing.

You did mention other features you wish were (or weren't) there. Care to elaborate? Maybe we know of workarounds.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm having trouble with text selection (using the mouse) in the HTML editor. It often selects text on the line above or below, even though I wasn't anywhere near those lines with my cursor. Very annoying. This happens constantly, and only in RH. I haven't changed anything else on my system, either, so this over-sensitive text selection is a RH "feature".

If I can't get this fixed somehow, I'm going to have to change my habits and start selecting text using my keyboard instead of mouse.

Any tips there?

BTW, I'm finding RoboHelp Help to be awful. Dead end topics, lack of Back button (now I've learned to right-click and select Back), lack of scroll bar in long topics, etc. And the worst example I've ever seen of so-called "help" was a topic where there was a list of activities displayed, like this:

What do you want to do?
* This
* That
* The other thing
* etc.

And none of them were links! It was like, "Here's a whole list of things you can do, but darned if we're going to tell you how! Mwa-ha-ha!"

/Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wait.
Every time I leave the HTML editor, Expansions is selected again automatically. Any way to make it "stick"?
/Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

For the help, try clicking Tools > Options > General tab and enabling the Offline Help. If it was not enabled, you are looking at internet based help and the offline help may be a better experience.

As for the Expansions, not sure on disabling pernanently other than to suggest right-clicking and choosing "Edit expansions", then deleting all the entries from the list. There aren't all that many of them so it shouldn't take long. My thought is that if nothing is in there, nothing will be offered. Effectively permanently disabling them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting all expansions was easy, and it worked. Thank you.

Offline Help was already enabled, so I guess it's that help I am objecting to. Maybe I'll try the online version.

Thanks again, Rick.
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Rick, for the solution, and Eileen, for posing the question. I've been fighting that HTML selection issue since day 1 w/RH7. Had no idea there was a 10-second remedy. Deleting all expansions works like a charm. Hurrah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp