3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2009 4:32 PM by el pescado

Launching AIR app via Flash animation

TheDude7563
      Hey,

I've created Flash swf file, that should lunch my air app with some extra parameters. When I open .swf file in Flash Player app it works ok, but when I open the same .swf file via browser (tested on both Windows/OS X, IE, Firefox, Safari) nothing seems to happen.

Flash animation can detect installed app version both in Flash Player and in a browser, but only the Flash Player can actually launch the AIR application.
        • 1. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
          billbrasky66 Level 1
          I've been doing this too over the last few days, and here's a couple things I ran into

* Ensure your xxxx-app.xml has <allowBrowserInvocation>true</allowBrowserInvocation>. Also note that the default value in there is commented out (I set it and it didn't do anything because it was still commented out!).
          * You can't launch the application outside a user action (like clicking a button). If you call getApplicationVersion in the button, then launch the app in the callback, that won't work because the callback isn't a user operation.
          • 2. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
            TheDude7563 Level 1
            billbrasky66 thanks for tips, but I have browser invocation set to true, and i'm launching my app via click.

Like I said, when I use Flash Player, the app launches just fine.
            • 3. Re: Launching AIR app via Flash animation
              el pescado Level 1
              Hello,

Was this question ever answered? Is it possible to open an AIR app from the browser without it already being installed?

For example.....if I have a Flash website, can I click a button and have an animation come outside the browser window? I thought I saw a tutorial of this somewhere.

Any help would be great.

Thanks