• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't install on my mac

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook running El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31) and I am not able to install Flash Player.  I have downloaded the file : AdobeFlashPlayer_22_a_install-7.dmg.  (it reads 7 because I have downloaded the file numerous times. the same thing happens when I try to open the original version). When I click on it, a window opens:  Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 11.09.10 PM.png and then it freezes.  Nothing happens when I click on the install button.  I have followed the trouble-shooting steps.  I have had this problem for a long time, even before the current version of El Capitan.  Apple customer service can't help.  Flash player used to update automatically.  Then it stopped and I have had this problem ever since.   I have tried uninstalling Flash Player and rebooting to try to get a fresh start.  No luck.  Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you experience this behaviour with any other DMG file? Double-clicking the DMG file simply mounts the DMG file enabling you to manipulate the files inside.

Have you tried booting into safe mode and attempting to install it in safe mode?

See Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up - Apple Support  for information on starting your computer in safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was helpful.  After many hours of working on this, installing in "safe mode" was the key.  I printed the post "How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X and followed the directions exactly, BUT ADDING two steps: 1) before rebooting, Log Out of your screen - this is where you can unselect the option to "reopen windows when logging back in" and 2)hold the Shift key down while rebooting to make it reboot in Safe Mode.

Now my son will be able to do his online math homework!

I hope this helps someone else someday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines