Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 - javascript errors

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I created a help file in X5 and recently converted it to RH7. When I generated it in RH7 none of my drop down texts work anymore. I receive a Javascript (javascript Text Popup)error. My help file is attached to a website and I only update topics when necessary. I noticed in my old version I had kadov tags and all of the older topics are working fine. What javascript file name should be updated for the drop down texts to work?

Also, my generated table of contents does not reflect any new topics that I created in RH7. Is there a javascript file that needs to be updated for my new topics to show?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as your TOC is concerned, have you added the new topics to it? If you don't manually add them or use the auto generate TOC option, they won't get added to the output.

As far as the dropdowns are concerned, can you confirm you are generating Webhelp - sounds like you are? If so, is it your generated or published output that has the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You say: "My help file is attached to a website and I only update topics when necessary."

It's not enough to simply update topics; you must update all the RH-generated files (.htm, .js, .apj, etc.) that get added/updated when you generate the output. Of special note are the myriad files in the wh* folders, which contain portions of the TOC, Index, and Search info.

Best practice is to:

1. Generate the output to your local machine.
2. Publish that output to a server location(s).

So as to ensure that all files get properly updated, use that RH Publish function, which only replaces added and updated files (unless you select the "Republish All" option).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp