• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users can skip forward, despite slides being locked

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue is the ability to click on any upcoming slide title in the outline after a locked, user advance slide completes.  In other words, the user is able to click to any slide in the outline after the current slide completes.  How do I fix this?

It's okay for the user to be able to go-back and review slides, but not okay to skip forward.  All slides are set to Locked and Advance by User.

Thanks in advance.

[Moved to new discussion thread]

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug to me. With the slides locked, I could see a situation where the slides would unlock once they are viewed which then allows the user to navigate normally. You may want to reach out to Adobe Support, Contact Customer Care , about this and see if they will provide a bug number, but I do have a kind of workaround too.

In the audio editor you can place a marker. One option is a Wait for User command. If you were to place this marker on each slide, slightly before the end of the slide's audio/silence then it would pause before the slide is complete, and not allow the users to navigate forward.

Adobe Presenter - Insert Marker - Wait for User.JPG

Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you flyingj.

Couple hurdles with the workaround (before I go about altering slides).  First is, I don't have audio on my slides currently.  And second is, after the user input (presumably clicking next button) the slide will go back to the same state as it did without the Audio pause.

In your bug explanation, do you mean the slide (singular) or the slides (plural) would unlock?  User is able to jump to any slide using the outline after the timeline completes and then from that slide, jump to any other slide.  So I can't tell if the original slide or all slides are unlocking.  Nonetheless, I'll have to submit for bug. 

This seems like it would a big problem if it was happening to everyone using Presenter, but I also can't find any option to change it.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, for your hurdles:

- No audio on the slide - Not a problem. Your audio editor will look like the one I have in the screen shot above. Each slide has 5 seconds of silence by default (you can add or remove silence as needed). The audio or silence for the slide dictates how long the slide displays in Presenter. I believe there is a minimum of 1 second of silence that Presenter will allow, so you have plenty of space to put a marker to create a pause on the timing for the slide.

- If you place a pause mid-slide (or presumably close to the end of the slide) all that will be available to the user on a locked slide is the ability to press the play button. So forward navigation will not be available. I'd have to check on backward navigation.

From my experience, the lock slide feature will lock a slide, preventing any navigation forward or backward, until the slide is viewed in its entirety. Once the slide has been watched completely, it unlocks allowing forward or backward navigation.

Based on that, placing the wait for user command on each slide will cause the slide to pause at the end of its playback putting it in the state that allows backward and forward navigation. As such, the user can jump to any slide, but if the slide that they jump to is still locked then they will have to watch that slide completely before they are allowed to navigate to a different slide. So, just that one slide is unlocking, not all the slides. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this info flyingj.

We tried the Wait for User audio solution and it is still allowing the user to jump to any slide.  It's working the same way that the Advance by User setting works on a locked slide.

At user input, the slide should only be able to advance to the NEXT slide (or go back to any previously viewed slide).  At user input, it should not allow the user to jump to any upcoming slide in the outline.

It's a bug, and I'm still surprised it's present.  Adobe, if you're out there, please fix and help.

As one of our 2016 Presenter modules has been assigned to 13,000 employees!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reach out to Adobe using the link I put in my first post. Since this is a user forum, you should not rely on Adobe Staff to post here as they only do so on their own time. There are some who post here, but you may get better response times reaching out to Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excerpt from chat for feature request:

Vivek: I would like the user to be able to jump backwards to previously viewed slides using the Outline, but not jump forward to any unviewed slide.

Vivek: I don't want to disable the viability of the Outline, let alone the whole Sidebar.

Shaleen: I am afraid but there is no setting available that you can jump backwards to previously viewed slides using the Outline, but not jump forward to any unviewed slide.

Vivek: This is a bug that I would like to see fixed. A locked slide should not allow a user to advance to unviewed slides other than the very next slide.

Shaleen: Allow me 1-2 mins, Let me check.

Vivek: okay thank you

Shaleen: There isn't a specific sequence that can be followed, You can lock a slide for the specified slide duration. Locking can help ensure that You spend a minimum amount of time on a slide and do not quickly skip ahead. When you lock a slide, navigation controls are disabled along with navigation from the Outline, If you click on Slide 4 on completion of Slide 1, It will jump to 4 but during the play time, The Navigation will be disabled.

Shaleen: We can forward this as a feature request and it may be considered in the future release.

Vivek: Okay, yes, I would like to submit this as a Feature Request as it seems like the obvious functionality, and more common usage.

Shaleen: I will forward it to the concerned department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources