• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Camera Raw 9.1.1 in CS6 [was: No Camera Raw filter in CS6]

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so I downloaded the Camera Raw 9.1.1 and installed it.  But it still doesn't show up in filters in CS6.  I searched the computer for it to try and manually add it, but I can't find it anywhere.  I tried installing it like 3 times, but nothing.

The discussion I read on here said it should show up in filters next time I opened PS, but it doesn't.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. ACR as a filter was add in Photoshop CC. ACR is not a filter in CS6. CS6 ACR updates were only for new camera support.

Photoshop CC vs. CS6 versions | Adobe Photoshop CC history

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

I've been trying to download camera raw 9 1 1 .zip for windows, for 3 days now and it stops at 20MB , please what's wrong with the adobe help page ? I can't find help anywere else. The Adobe Manager updates app says that all my products are updated. Frustrating, thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current ACR Plug-in for CS6  is version ACR 9.1.1.  It is a plun-in for converting Camera RAW data into RGB images. I believe when CS6 was released  the current ACR version was ACR version 8.x Adobe transitioned to the to the Creative cloud and an Updated CS6. Adobe marketed CS6 and The Creative Cloud.  The next version of Photoshop was Photoshop CC and newer ACR version historically old version of Photoshop could not use new version of ACR the were not able to get the new ACR Features and New Camera RAW format support.  However,  Adobe was still marketing CS6 so the made a compromise.  CS6 users could use the newer version of ACR but new ACR features were crippled CS6 users  onle were able to use the new Camera RAW format support for newer cameras.  This Changed with ACR version 9.1.1 Adobe made that the last version CS6 users can use Adobe no longer markets CS6.  CS6 user will not get new Cameras RAW support the need to convert those RAW files to Adobe RAW format with Adobe's converter.   ACR 9.1.1 is a Plug-in used IN CS6 and Bridge CS6.  It is not also a Filter.  ACR as a Plug-in and Filter came on about in Photoshop CC.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time! Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, go to Help>About Plugins>Camera Raw. This will tell you which ACR version is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this question as looking for Camera Raw in the Filter menu which is a Cloud only feature

Adobe Camera Raw as a filter | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Edit: the OP has confirmed that she is trying to install Camera Raw 9.1.1 in CS6 and it's not working for her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like that might be what the OP was talking about, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, Chuck. Hopefully the OP's question has been answered by JJMack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have that option.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 5.06.33 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw is for Windows.

On Mac: Photoshop > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... I did that and it shows up there, but it doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.18.49 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so it seems that Camera Raw 9.1.1 has been successfully installed.

How do you know it's not working?

Have you tried opening a Raw file with it? especially a Raw file that was first supported in 9.1.1.

You mentioned elsewhere that you're trying to use some Actions with it. Can you tell us more about those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR works fine inside of Bridge, which is the way I have been using it for 5-6 years.  But I can't access it from within CS6, and I was led to believe that I should be able to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question now answered in another thread.

Re: Camera Raw Plugin Won't Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

This would suggest that I can have the filter in CS6.  It downloaded and installed (apparently), but I can't find.  I have read online here where others have made it work, but I can't seem to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw and the Camera raw filter are two different things.

ACR is a plugin for Photoshop, primarily designed to work with raw files.

The camera raw filter is a filter that will work with any file, and is not part of CS6, it was introduced in Photoshop CC.

But you should have the camera raw plugin installed, and I'm confused by your screenshot of the Help menu, because it doesn't include About Photoshop and About Plugins. I'm a Windows user myself - is it possible that these items are in the Photoshop menu on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows: Help > About....

Mac: Photoshop > About....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TracieLouise22 wrote:

This would suggest that I can have the filter in CS6. It downloaded and installed (apparently), but I can't find. I have read online here where others have made it work, but I can't seem to.

Can you elaborate?

Are you asking

1. Where is Filter > Camera Raw Filter in CS6 (it does not exist. It is a Cloud only feature), or
  2. How to install Camera Raw 9.1.1 in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac and looked for an answer before viewing everyones answers. I found some links that may be helpful.

How to install camera raw filter to Adobe Photoshop cs6 - YouTube  In my version of cs6 the preferences option is found in under Photoshop in the menu header not in the edit tab.

CS6 Camera Raw - Interface Essentials Tutorial

I hope this info is of  some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second note as I just came across this.

Correct Answer1. Re: how to install camera raw filter in photoshopcs6

Akash SharmaAdobe Employee

Hi muralik ,

Please refer  Keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date or direct download link for Ps Cs6 camera raw plugin.

Help Article Camera Raw

Regards,

Akash

This was posted back in March

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.47.48 am.png

Per Berntsen
Per Berntsen

See.... it says it's there as a plugin, but doesn't work as one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See.... it says it's there as a plugin, but doesn't work as one.

What makes you say that?

When you open a Raw file from a supported digital camera, the Camera Raw plugin inside Photoshop launches automatically and opens the Raw file. Camera Raw presents you with a dialogue box with various editing tools. When you click Done in Camera Raw, it then opens the image in Photoshop.

What is Camera Raw? | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Your Action requires Camera Raw as a Filter (not a plug-in but a filter - a CC only feature). Totally different.

Adobe Camera Raw as a filter | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

I suspect you're expecting all plug-ins to appear in the Filter menu (like Topaz). Camera Raw only acts as a filter in CC. In CS6 and below, Camera Raw is a processing engine which opens when a Raw file is detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines