• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro 4 and Animate CC Drawing lag

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just picked up a Surface Pro 4 (i5, 265GB model) and I've been noticing issues with drawing in Animate CC. It works great on my main setup (iMac with 21UX Cintiq), but I can't seem to draw too fast or I get straight lines/lag in my brush strokes. Did anyone find a solution to this? Toon Boom Storyboard Pro draws fine, but Photoshop has a similar issue, so it seems to be some problem between Adobe apps and the Surface drawing interface.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product team is looking to fix issues related to this one. If you are not on the latest version of Animate CC, i suggest using Feature Request/Bug Report Form  to send your observations to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as above, I've submitted a bug report with links to other people experiencing the same results - do you have an ETA on this issue as it's stopping us all from working!

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, have you installed the latest Adobe Animate on your device, and can you reproduce this issue on the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in this as well as I bought a SurfaceBook specifically to use with AnimateCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using Adobe Animate CC 2015.2

Build no: 15.2.1.95

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, let me check with the product team and get back to you. There could be a delay because of the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, is there any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the team, and this is a bug they are investigating for a fix in a future update. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, do you have an ETA on the next build? As you gave the same answer back in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radio silence. Lovely. Please respond if you find the time - paying clients have been having this issue for close to a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the delay. I monitor multiple forums and it is not possible for me to get to posts immediately.

All product fixes are announced on the day an update is launched. The reason why it is difficult to provide ETAs is because there are many variables that affect the timing of an update.

Request your patience until we have an update with this fix. I have conveyed the urgency to the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the issue? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck on this issue? Its been a while...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't heard of many similar issues with the latest updates. I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for investigation. Provide the agent with a link to this thread so that you do not have to repeat your issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the animate cc release forum they says the problem exist yet today! Amazing very sad, so many new tablets with eacom AES and N-trig, it seems just only old EMR wacom digitizers works with Animate, which means bulky and expensive tablets as the cintiq studio/companion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran,
If you haven't heard of a problem - doesn't mean you fixed the issue.

It's still exists, we can't draw with Animate CC - strokes are broken, also strokes are missing, while you're drawing.

A lot of devices have similar problems as my Surface Pro 4.

We love Flash/Animate, but this lag has been discussed for few years - and no news still.

Sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your frustration, and I apologize for it. I monitor the forums, and my observations were based purely on numbers that I use to track issues. It wasn't a comment on your position.

Coming to the point, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you further investigation. I will also send this post over to the product team for their observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran,

Has there been any fix to these issues on the Surface Pro? The program is almost unusable because of the lack of palm rejection. Also, drawing seems to have gotten worse with inability to draw smooth circles and increased jitter since the last update.

Please address these issues it is important that I can work on the go.

Thank you.

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that a few issues with using Adobe Animate on Surface Pro are still under investigation. Let me check and get back to you.

You can file a request with the team using this link Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Preran,

is there any solution or update yet. I have already contacted the Support team here in Germany but didnt get a answer on my problem. is there any update coming, which makes Animate CC work with the surface suit like Photoshop or Illustrator do?

Thanks

Resi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it does not solve the drawing lag/bug Problem.

I have tested it on several devices like the acer Switch 5, but like in the new Surface Pro, this following Problem still occurs.

New surface pro drawing bug / straight lines bug in AnimateCC - Microsoft Community

This Problem still exists, while Photoshop cc, Illustrator cc... works perfectly fine with the sruface pro.

I hope a solution will be found soon, because it makes it impossible to work appropriate with Animate cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's not going to either. Unfortunately, your device's i5 and integrated graphics aren't powerful enough to handle the vector calculations and it's never going to be. Sell the device and get something better or don't use Animate. I know that's lame but this has been an issue for years now and Adobe clearly doesn't plan on fixing it. Honestly, it's really Microsoft's fault because they abandoned Wacom tech which is what all seasoned drawing programs were developed on and went with N-trig which is far less powerful and pretty much bites. Sorry dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike, it seems that it's not about the power. My Surface Pro 4 (i7/16GB RAM) works perfectly with After Effects, and other animation software - like Photoshop, or vector-based Toon Boom Harmony. Your advise to sell the device is equal to move from Adobe Animate to Toon Boom Harmony.

Good luck with new projects though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines