• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital editions not responding in windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe digital editions keeps locking up with windows 10. I try to access books that I downloaded from local library, screen keeps locking up it says (not responding) Some books I can read but other I can't,  just locks up, and I have to restart. Version 4.5.1.139278. Right now I have 12 books in my library and I can only access 4 the other 8 screen locks up.(not responding)

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has your try right click and run as admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working even if I enter as admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

No, it's still not responding when I run as administrator.

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Closed Digital Edition.
Rename the my Digital Edition Folder in your Documents in My Digital Edition.old.

Then start again and download a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response,

ADE still locks up after renaming the folder. It seems that when it locks up it's at the end of the download from my local library. The green bar gets to the end and it just locks up, if I click anywhere on the screen I get the not responding error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same on my part. I contacted Kobo for help but they did not have a solution. Since we cannot contact Adobe directly, I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have rename the folder when Digital Edition are closed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem where only some of ebooks work from my local library. Overdrive couldn't fix the problem and told me to contact Adobe. This problem occurs for about 50% of the books I am on a 'waiting list' for. Books readily available do not seem to have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you able to contact Adobe because it is free, they don't have and clientèle services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that I did try and seems to help in my down loads from locking up. When I download a new book in ADE, I don't do anything else on my computer. Don't touch the mouse, keyboard, just leave it be. I just set my laptop aside and let it be until the download is complete. So far I'm 5 for 5 with out locking up. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

How long do you wait for the download to be completed? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on the size of the file of the book your are downloading, I have slow internet it takes me from a few minutes to half an hour or so. There is a green bar at the bottom of the small down loading screen, how fast the bar moves will give you some idea of the size of the file.

Hope this helps.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines