• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error. Check Activation.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, although my computer is authorized to read content through ADE, when I try to open E-Books I get the 'Error.  Check Activation" message.  I have seen online that erasing authorization and reauthorizing is one solution, but I'm not sure what to enter for VendorID and password.  Is there a way to recover this information?  Are there other solutions here?

Best,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10.  How do I get to my computers Registry Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press WINDOWS + R. Write regedit and press enter. The Registry should open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Io sono riuscito ad arrivare fino a qui:

Choose Start > Run.

Select the Adept key

Non sono riuscito a:

Choose File > Export.

Sono andato nello STORE di WINDOWS 10
E ho scaricato DREADER

E  -SORRY- BUT IT WORKS. LEGGO QUELLO CHE CON ADOBE DIGITAL MI DAVA CHECK! ERROR ACTIVATION

Adobe dovrebbe dare la possibilità agli utenti di risolvere il problema, e non di impiccarsi con i file del registro.

Chi non riesce a modificare la KEY WORD di ADOBE DIGITAL, scarichi un altra APP (io sono su un PC WINDOWS 10 64 BIT) e gli può funzionare lo stesso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lindar6856097 schrieb:

Thanks.

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to find the WINDOWS + R tab. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your keyboard if have you a windows device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allora, traduco per gli italiani, dal momento che qui sembra che tutti debbano conoscere l'inglese.

Per ovviare a questo problema dell' ERROR CHECK ACTIVATION bisogna distruggere la chiave del registro dell'attivazione di ADOBE DIGITALE.
Questa chiave si trova nella cartella ACTIVATION al termine del percorso:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER - ADOBE - ADEPT - ACTIVATION nel file del Registro.

Di fatto, e in sintesi, bisogna aprire il File del Registro e cancellare la cartella
ACTIVATION e poi riautorizzato il PC.

Bisogna dunque prima trovare la cartella HKEY_CURRENT_USER, aprirla, poi cercare la cartella Software, poi quella Adobe quindi quella Adept e alla fine la cartella ACTIVATION

Per farlo, bisogna scrivere REGEDIT sul menu START. Cliccare si quando ti dice se vuoi far modificare il pc da quella APP, ed entrare nei file del registro.

Metto l'immagine: bisogna aprire il menu ad albero e da HKEY_CURRENT_USER, arrivare ad ACTIVATION e cancellarla.

Bisogna dunque prima trovare la cartella HKEY_CURRENT_USER, aprirla, cercare poi la cartella Software poi quella Adobe quindi quella Adept e alla fine ACTIVATION.
Bisogna poi esportarla prima di cancellarla, in modo che se succede qualcosa la possiamo rimettere.

Una volta che abbiamo esportato ACTIVATION (FILE - ESPORTA), e cioè ne abbiamo salvato una copia dove pare a noi, cancelliamo ACTIVATION, e facciamo ripartire ADOBE DIGITAL, riautorizzandolo di nuovo.

L'ho ripetuto in mille salse così ognuno lo può riprendere dalla parte che vuole.

Non sono responsabile di un uso improprio della procedura!

regedit_.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked Perfect! Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Thank you! Thanks so much for posting this solution. I was getting so frustrated with Adobe DE and my eBooks. Even though I now know that my Nook Color can no longer read eBooks through my public library--at least I can get them to work with ADE on my desktop computer.  Your step by step directions were wonderful.  Thank YOU again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem you did and worked on it TOO long. I finally got a solution. I went back to ADE version 3. I can now download from local library and move to my nook. Give it a try.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I try this, I would like to clarify something that might be pertinent. I recently changed my contact email on my Adobe account (kept the same password). I have tried to deauthorize/authorize ADE, but when the box pops up it still shows my old email address, and will not recognize the password. Will the registry editor steps above correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I can't reauthorize.

Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and it doesn't work. I am stuck with my original authorization and cannot delete it or reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check exact the steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed steps one by one as written. Cannot reauthorize nor delete existing authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which point not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final step:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has remove the right key in the registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were two folders in my Adept file: Activation and Device - your instructions didn't mention this. I deleted the Activation folder and the key file (in the Device folder) and then was able to reauthorize. Everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines