• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Android] Can't download and open file in Adobe Reader app

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with opening PDF files in Adobe Reader on my Android device(Nexus 5 with Marshmallow). After clicking on link with PDF I used to see file being downloaded and then opened in Adobe Reader app. Now I'm only prompted with an error message that states: The file could not be downloaded. Please save the file to your local storage and then try to open it.

Have you experienced similar issue? Have you any idea what may cause such probem?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I guess you are using Firefox?

At one time in the past you have picked Adobe Reader as default when it comes to downloading PDF-Docs. Unfortunately, AR doesn't support that option. To change it back type about:config into the adress-bar of the browser. Search for "browser.download.preferred.application/pdf". Underneath it should say "Adobe Acrobat". Reset this option. Next time you download a PDF Firefox will ask you how you want to open the PDF. Pick anything but AR.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Som spokojny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damian,

There could be issue with authentication from the URL from where you are downloading the PDF. A workaround to this is open the PDF through Chrome and then save it in your local storage and try to open the saved PDF through Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Acrobat Reader Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to save documents to Adobe but it says save documents to local storage and when I download with chrome they don't show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I guess you are using Firefox?

At one time in the past you have picked Adobe Reader as default when it comes to downloading PDF-Docs. Unfortunately, AR doesn't support that option. To change it back type about:config into the adress-bar of the browser. Search for "browser.download.preferred.application/pdf". Underneath it should say "Adobe Acrobat". Reset this option. Next time you download a PDF Firefox will ask you how you want to open the PDF. Pick anything but AR.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great answer, exactly where I was looking for!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Last night I couldn't open any pdf files. I uninstalled but when I re-install I get an error that the newest version was found. I still can't open any pdf files. Can someone help me download Adobe Reader?

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines