• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install Adobe Flashplayer on Windows 7, IE11

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Adobe Flashplayer on Windows 7, IE11 after countless attempts.  I have installed Chrome (which I didn't want to do and I still do not know if that was necessary), I updated Java to the most recent version, I uninstalled Silverlight (thinking maybe it was installed as a default), I also (temporarily) disabled my Norton protection when installing it the last 4 times, and I ensured that the Add-On was "enabled" in the manage add-ons drop box, and it still does not show as it being installed when I do an Adobe system test. It also does not show up on my Start - Search of Adobe programs.  I am completely frustrated, especially when the Adobe download web page tells me that all 3 steps were completed and successful, and Thank you & Enjoy.  I have read the forums as well but I cannot find a solution.  PLEASE help. Thank you, Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

If you didn't get an error during installation the plugin is most likely installed successfully.  It's possible the plugin is disabled in IE or ActiveX Filtering is disabled.  Please see: Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer and ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer   After ensuring Flash Player is enabled, and activeX Filtering is disabled, using IE go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' button.  What are the results for the System Information?

Java and S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't get an error during installation the plugin is most likely installed successfully.  It's possible the plugin is disabled in IE or ActiveX Filtering is disabled.  Please see: Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer and ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer   After ensuring Flash Player is enabled, and activeX Filtering is disabled, using IE go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' button.  What are the results for the System Information?

Java and Silverlight are two completely different programs and have nothing to do with Flash Player. 

Flash Player is a browser plugin and will not come up on a Start - Search of Adobe programs.  It will display in Control Panel > Add Remove Programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

It was unchecking ActiveX that fixed the problem.

So simple. Hard to believe people aren’t told this ahead of time.

I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines