Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webhelp: Cannot redirect book after click hyperlink

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I was using RoboHelp 8.0 for our help file compiling, in the past time, I was using HTML Help for all my applcations. Now I want to create a WebHelp for my apllication, I got a problem while browse the help contents. Here is my problem, in contents, there are many books in there, when I select one page in book "Get Started" and then click a hyperlink in this page, it should go to the page "Creating a blank system" under the book "Creating a System' and it go there indeed, my problem here is that the left pannel the contents, there is no change, it still stay in "Get Started" book, it cannot redirect to book "Creating a System' ->"Creating a blank system". would you please guide me how to fix it, this is very important for me I think.

I need to let you know this works well for HTML help(.chm).

thanks for your help,

NgCC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

My shot was from RoboHelp 2015 but the same checkbox is in the RoboHelp 8 equivalent when you generate an output. If that is ticked, then it's likely as Rick suggests. Maybe it's not the same in all browsers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you need to tick the check box shown below and/or set it to Automatically when you generate the help.

sync_toc.png

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your reply, Peter

I believe I ticked the synchronize table of contents while generate the help.but still does not work. I would like to attach my project here but have not found a way to do that.

By the way, my version is 8.0, I really have not found the screen you showed above, I only can select while generate the help.

thanks,

Ngcc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As you are using version 8, it's quite likely that the output simply cannot deal with modern browsers and that's causing the issue you are seeing.

Perhaps try downloading the most recent RoboHelp and testing a backup copy of your project using that. If that fixes the issue, the answer is that you will need to upgrade your RoboHelp version so the output works with today's browsers.

Click here if you need help making a backup copy

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My shot was from RoboHelp 2015 but the same checkbox is in the RoboHelp 8 equivalent when you generate an output. If that is ticked, then it's likely as Rick suggests. Maybe it's not the same in all browsers.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both of your reply.

Is possible to get a patch to fix the issue due to compatiblity. We do not have a plan to upgrade the license this year.

Ngcc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your chance is about the same as the proverbial cat's chance in hell.

Adobe only support the current and last version on matters like this.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp