• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"E AUTH NOT READY" error & Unable to Erase Authorization

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message "E Auth Not Ready" pops up when I try to open an ebook from the Brooklyn Public Library.  Then when I follow the directions on the help page (Activation errors in Adobe Digital Editions ) for the Mac (below), it starts by deauthorizing your Adobe account.  When I tried to do this, I get a "Unable to Erase Authorization.  Please try after some time" message.  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Mac OS

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you remove the file with a user of admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.

now, I've downloaded the 2.0 version and I can get it to recognize the file beyond this error, but it's saying I already used the license.  I do have it open on my phone in the Overdrive app, but I made sure to do this with the same account so it should work.  I was successful in loading it on the overdrive app on my iPad while it's also on my phone, so not sure why it's stuck.

I tried with with another book to get it on my nook and it worked.   I was even able to add it on my phone, but when I went to my iPad it gave me the license error.  According to Overdrive, as long as you are using same accounts, you should be ok on up to like 6 devises. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are used the same Adobe ID on the iPhone und the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more weird, cause I thought I was and it let me download the book but then I noticed that I wasn't when I went to download the other book that made it to my nook. 

Book 1

1-downloaded to overdrive app on phone

2-attempted Adobe digital and hit the road block described above But figured out how to get books now using older apps. Then got the license warning. 

3-downloaded on iPad without a problem using a different Adobe ID than on computer. (Downside is doesn't sync progress and still no nook.)

Book 2

1-downloaded on computer no problem and uploaded to nook

2-switched acct on iPad so that I could try to open there and it worked too.

3-went to phone and told me I already downloaded it 

before right now now my phone didn't have my Adobe acct on it.  Going to try one more time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems so the first eBook was open with empty so better you return and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it was fine on the other two apps so I'm not sure what's going on.  its suggested that you use the same email account associated with the library, which is what I originally did but not sure if that really made a difference cause the iPad opened both boooks using two different emails.  Go figure.  I might try to return it now.  Thought about waiting for overdrive to respond but it might be better to just return and hope that no one else has it on their wait list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines