• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have an Adobe Portfolio Site? [DUPLICATE LOCKED]

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One great thing about Behance users is that we have a strong sense of community.  Thus, with the launch of Adobe Portfolio I thought it would be interesting for us to share links.

Reason being... by sharing links we can learn how to set up interesting sites.  This exchange is also good because if we see an artist that we like we can establish a contact with them.  Networking is key to the success of artists.... it can lead to collaborations, new jobs and so much more.  You may even discover other artists in your area that you have round table discussions with.  Plus you never know when or where your talents will be discovered!

Also if you see a site that was created and have a question on how they set something up.... then ask the creator.  That is the best source to learn how to make your Adobe Portfolio shine!

So here is my link.... I look forward to seeing the pages that others have created as well!

http://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio is still light years away from being a valuable tool. Just way too limiting.

But here is mine anyways Stage Play Posters Brad Lawryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice site, Brad. I'm still sorting out what/whether to use Dreamweaver, Muse, Portfolio, or just Wordpress ... or ... do they mix at all?

SO many options and I just don't have the time to test them all personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen wrote:

Nice site, Brad. I'm still sorting out what/whether to use Dreamweaver, Muse, Portfolio, or just Wordpress ... or ... do they mix at all?

SO many options and I just don't have the time to test them all personally.

I think it really comes down to need. That link was me trying out Portfolio (found it to limiting). The only thing it has going for it is the Behance integration. But it is simple enough to link to your Behance site from any site.

I am currently redoing my personal portfolio site in Dreamweaver. Simply because that is the tool I use everyday in my real job. I despise Wordpress and all it's baggage but it is a good option for some people. My personal thoughts for someone that does not know or care to know code is to use Muse. A million times better than Portfolio and very easy to use and get great results.

So if you know code then Dreamweaver is the way to go, if not then Muse is the way to go. Wordpress and Portfolio don't even come close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a fun situation here. I'm a studio/environmental portrait photographer, part of "our" joint business, with it's own website.

I also like to have my own "rNeil" thang going for just ... because. Had one but the missus decided to ditch the expense and discontinued it ... um, well, yes, there were discussions on that. Be that as it may ...

With the video work I do, I'd like to have a site as a "home" rNeil page ... with options to go to the rNeil photographer page,  the presentation of my video services as another section, and another that would be tutorials and ... help stuff, I guess you could say. Teaching materials.

The photographer page would have an overview, a gallery, and especially some images/discussions of artwork placed in client's homes/offices.

The video/post-production page would have a brief listing of what I do (mostly within our Haugen's studio trade, some not), and a few examples.

The teaching page would be well ... embedded/linked/whatever tut's & "blogicles".

At least, that's my Goal ... now getting there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a perfect job for Muse. Pretty much the target user for Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I shall continue my explorations there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad great site.....  I think it is interesting how various people can set up their site differently using Adobe Portfolio.  Yes, there are constraints to it.  But with Behance there has always been constraint.  For me Adobe Portfolio is great.... because I am not a coder and could not set up a Portfolio Site on my own.  Granted yes maybe using Word Press or another site maybe.  Wix I was not into.... I know they made changes.... but still was not the best route. 

But if you are using any site that you did not build you are going to run into constraints.  I have a lot of tweaks I have to do to my site still, but overall I like the look.  Also one thing you do get with Adobe Portfolio is support from Behance.  If you run into an issue usually it only takes one or two business days before they respond.  If you build your own site you do not get that... and if you use another site produced by another company you probably will not get that.  So that is an added bonus..... their team genuinely cares about their users.

Still hope other people share their links... because it is fun to see how others utilize the platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here you can find mine

Ares Hovhannesyan (AUG Armenia)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ares....

Really cool!  And such a small world.  I am hosting the Creative Jam as part of an Adobe 1-Day Creative Conference in Duesseldorf on July 2nd!  See... sharing portfolios is fun.  Because you can easily connect to people in the community!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tat really great event . Our participants enjoy it. Also you can check Behance  our students Team 'NUACA Designers" on our behance page. There are a lot of interesting creative work. I like Behance  art. He is also our young student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is cool.  Our teams will consist of professional teams from design studios, ad agencies and gaming companies.  It will be quite interesting to see how it works out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loved poking through your site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It is my first time in Adobe Forum.

I'm a photographer from Brazil. And my english is very poor (Sorry bro's )

But, here is my Portfolio:

ruyguimaraes.com.br

I have a personal domain name. Its so cool! LOL

If you have any tips, i accepted!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruy...

Really great setup.  It seems to be a good match for what you do.  Great to see how you utilized the platform to create a site for your work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yees!

Thanks bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone here know what happens to your Adobe Portfolio page if/when your Creative Cloud Plan expires?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy... I would ask Behance directly.  They will respond in 1 to 2 days.  They are great about answering questions and solving problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Behance.  AF (Adobe Portfolio). 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your adobe portfolio stay offline. But if you pay back, your portfolio back too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started to actually use my designs and doodles, and took the leap into the adobe Illustrator apps. I've got my portfolio site at www.bazsellers.co

Any feedback, tips, or general stuff would be epic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baz. your Illustrations are pretty good and your about is amusing. good job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sqidkelly I like your reel. code ok too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

Behance added the option to disable the right click when they created Adobe Portfolio. The reason being is a lot of professionals do not their work stolen or downloaded. Example... I know one artist whose work was stolen and used by a company. Since the company was not in his country it took him forever to get them to stop using his work. Second example is reason it is good to disable the right click is that there are some people who will swipe soneone's art and claim it as their own,which is sad. I know it you put your work online you run the risk of people stealing or copying your work.... but you have show your work and just deal with the catch 22 per say.

As far as it looking like Word Press... because I moved to Germany, I set up the menu so hiring managers could find content relating the to the job they are considering me for. I would never have thought about cultural differences when viewing a portfolio until I moved to Europe.  In Germany, traditionally you learn one thing because they want you to be an expert at it. This is different from the US where you can be talented in more than one area. Example, a German recruiter once told me an Art Director can not write copy.... which we all know is not true. Now this mindset is changing with younger Germans.... but it is something that one has still deal with. So for my Adobe Portfolio site... I wanted to clearly point the hiring managers in the right direction. Makes sense right?

Hope this explains the layout I chose and why I disabled the right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines