• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Environments (views)

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a custom environment on a toolbar or to map it to keyboard command?
I noticed myself switching frequently today between a couple of views, one that basically is just the topic itself to review it. Then I need to switch right back to either a custom enviroment or the default.

I wasn't able to figure it out rather quickly and am in a production mode right now, not much time to fool around with it. If this is possible...it was be way too cool to toggle environments on the fly without having to go to the File menu and loading environments 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One thing you might do would be to use the new feature of RoboHelp to assign shortcut keys to do the following:

Click View > Toolbars > Customize...
Click the Keyboard tab
Click the drop-down selector for Category and choose File
Choose "Load Default Environment" and assign a desired key sequence
Choose "Load Environment" and assign another key sequence

I think at this time it's the best you will be able to do. You can then use one key sequence to easily load up the Default environment and the other to easily open the dialog to choose the other layout.

You should probably consider submitting a Wish Form to ask Adobe for some changes here. For instance, allowing you to assign a key sequence to load a specific saved environment file.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I will try this. I'm not sure if I'll get to it right away (I have about 3 or 4 enviroments I'd like to toggle through on the fly), but will soon.

I will get around to submitting the wish list/bug form as soon as I get off this production crunch...crazy, never seems to fail deadlines loom right before a holiday 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp