• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: DRM not authorized

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I download a book from the library into Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.1, then copy it to my Kobo, I get the following error message on my Kobo: “This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) & is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID & try again.” Repeatedly, I have signed in, I've de-authorized & then re-authorized both my computer & reader, I've uninstalled ADE & reinstalled and I've reset my reader. I’ve tried opening the program first & then hooking up my reader and vice versa (reader 1st then program). I’ve deleted the books & then re-downloaded them.  I’m getting close to returning this reader as the whole process is just too frustrating. Please Help.

I have a new Kobo Glo HD, I have a HP laptop running Windows 10.

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get this frequently as well.  Always trying to download from a public library, always Overdrive books FWIW.  I have a Kobo Aura H2O, with the latest software.  I can always get the errant e-book from the same library on my Sony PRS-950 using the old Sony Reader software, so it is not apparently the library's fault, when this happens.  (I don't have ADE and the Sony Reader software on the same computer--both computers are running Win 7-64 fully updated, and have no other issues.)  I don't know if it is a Kobo thing, or an ADE thing.  Quite frustrating.  As an example, in trying to load this Kobo with nine library titles, in the last day, I have been successful 7 times, but get the error referred to in the first post twice, despite repeated attempts (always deleting everything before reattempting).  Thus ADE/Kobo only works 7/9 times.  No correlation with particular libraries.  I am fully logged into ADE (v. 4.5.1.133054) and authorized on this computer and the Kobo.  (I have not re-authorized repeatedly.)  I would love to know if it is ADE or the Kobo, and would be most grateful for a workaround, or actual solution, if anyone knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines