• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet causing lag

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the most recent version of Photoshop CC.  I am having a problem with using my wacom tablet though.  Photoshop seems to work okay if I'm just using a mouse with it but when I try to use my tablet it starts to lag.  It's not just a brush lag either (which it also does).  The whole program slows down to the point of being unusable.  Brush strokes take seconds to render, it takes seconds to make a new layer, etc.

So far I have tried reinstalling the tablet drivers, disabling and adjusting the GPU drawing mode (advanced, basic) in the performance tab.  I'm using windows 10 and also checked that tablet mode is disabled which I've read can cause problems.  RAM usage has been left at the default 70%.

Intel 6700k 4Ghz

16Gb RAM

Radeon R9390

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

I think the "pen" setting changed to "pen & windows ink" in the anniversary update. Pretty much the same thing though.

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did you make a clean install? Upgrading caused some performance issues for me, so in that case it might be worth trying a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe pointed me to this post which seems to have resolved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brendans802 skrev:

Adobe pointed me to this post which seems to have resolved my issue.

I think that solution is the last resort. The old WinTab driver doesn't work as well as Windows Ink, when Windows Ink actually works. It can be a bit of a pain in the... however, you should be able to resolve the issues.

Press windows key and search for pen and touch.

Go to flicks, and disable them. Then pen options - > press and hold, dubble click on it and disable.

The go to settings -> devices -> pen & Windows Ink. Disable everything.

Lastly, go to your Wacom control panel and make sure Windows Ink is enabled.

Unless i've forgotten some detail, that should cover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you want to use Windows Ink is because it's more precise and your lines will look a lot smoother. It's simply better... if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the response.

I had actually already tried all of those things.  Although I don't see any mention of Windows Ink except for within the Wacom driver.  In the settings it just shows "Pen."

Regardless, the WinTab fix changed something but I still can't really paint.  The application wide lag is gone but a pretty substantial brush lag remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "pen" setting changed to "pen & windows ink" in the anniversary update. Pretty much the same thing though.

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did you make a clean install? Upgrading caused some performance issues for me, so in that case it might be worth trying a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-ha!  It was a clean install but I guess I had thought that Windows 10 kept itself up to date.  After I read this I looked into it and realized that I didn't have the "Anniversary Update."  I had to click "learn more" not just check for updates but once I did I manually downloaded it and that totally solved my problem!  Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats anniversary update, how did you install it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened in my instance was a fake lag. In Photoshop, try adjusting the brush settings. I reduced my "Smoothing" percentage (~20%) and the lines were way more responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! I have tried a looooot of things. Changing performance settings, reinstalled PS and Wacom Drivers, etc. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about for Mac?

I met this problem after I star using Adobe 2020!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines