• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

completely uninstall Configuration Manager flash player 32 bits ( windows 10 64 bits)

Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

completely uninstall Configuration Manager flash player 32 bits

Sin título.jpg

I do not speak English, but I appreciate the help

I speak Spanish thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alejandrol11795028 ,

Since you're on Windows 10 and Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge you cannot completely uninstall Flash Player, nor the Flash Player Settings Manager (what you refer to as Configuration Manager).  The only way to do this is to use a third party app to unlock the files and delete them.  If you do this you won't be able to re-install Flash Player for IE/Edge short of re-installing Windows on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help

use the tool to uninstall flashplayer (opera and mozilla)

Do not use IE or edge

and I want to remove that manager settings flash player on my computer, if I can help uninstall is I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I posted previously, this is there because Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge browsers.  You can't uninstall it unless you unlock the files and manually delete it. This is not advised as you will put your computer in a broken state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the help and information

Would have to report this issue to all users who install flashplayer in Windows 10, not to install it and have the same problem ...

thanks and best regards

if there is nothing else to do, we close the topic

thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Would have to report this issue to all users who install flashplayer in Windows 10, not to install it and have the same problem ..."

Windows 10 comes with Flash Player embedded (pre-installed) inn IE/Edge browsers.  Flash Player Settings Manager (what you refer to as Configuration Manager) is a component of Flash Player.  Since Flash Player is embedded, the Settings Manager is present in the Control Panel.  If you install Flash Player NPAPI plugin (for Firefox) or PAPPI plugin (for Opera), the Settings Manager will be updated with this information.  If you uninstall the NPAPI and/or PPAPI plugin the plugin itself will be removed, but the Settings Manager will remain since Flash Player ActiveX Control (for IE/Edge) is still installed on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sin título.jpg

ActiveX is integrated into IE and Edge ...

Configuration Manager flashplayer image is installed when you install NPAPI or PPAPI, this is not installed in Windows 10 ...

and this Configuration Manager 32bit Flashplayer is the one I want to remove ...

but if this is not possible Adobe would have to report that in Windows 10 may not be removed from the control panel

espero explicarme mejor en mi idioma español...

este administrador de configuración de flashplayer a 32 bits, se instala solo al instalar flashplayer para opera o mozilla, este administrador no viene instalado ni incluido en windows 10, como se ve en la imagen no hay ningun plug in de ActiveX, si este esta integrado en IE y Edge, lo entiendo aunque tambien en Edge lo tengo desactivado,

si no es posible desinstalar este administrador, como comentas, Adobe tendría que informar a toda la gente que al instalar el NPAPI o PPAPI no sera posible quitar o desinstalar este administrador de panel de control, así que ya enterados, solo lo instalarian bajo su responsabilidad los usuarios que así lo quieran, pero ya advertidos, yo no lo sabia y por ello lo instale, si ahora no podre quitarlo nunca, tendría que haberlo sabido antes de instalar flash player y no después

Adobe tendría que crear una herramienta que quite este administrador de configuración de flashplayer 32bits ya que yo y mucha gente en el futuro cercano dejaremos de usar flashplayer en los navegadores, y reitero en windows 10 este administrador no esta presente en ninguna versión, se instala solo con flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot you posted is expected behaviour.  The Updates tab is a mechanism for the user to check for updates.  If an update is available it offers the user the option to update Flash Player.  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge all Flash Player updates for IE/Edge are delivered by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Due to this ActiveX Control does not display in the Updates tabs.  This has been true since Microsoft first embedded Flash Player in IE in Windows 8.  The other options in the Settings Manager do apply, therefore, the Control Panel is applicable to the embedded Flash Player in IE/Edge browsers.  Not sure why you want to remove a component of Flash Player that is applicable to Flash Player that is installed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria Vargas Thanks for your help and comments

I understand what you mention ...

I hope in the future Adobe create a tool to completely remove this administrator, because from there, you can not change or do anything to ActivX having IE or Edge

finally, having this manager flashplayer I can not become infected with any virus or security problems

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.- By default W10 64b in the control panel, does not bring the icon of Flash Player, but it does have Flash Player ActiveX installed for IE / Edge even if you do not see it.
2.- When you install the PPAPI (Chrome) or NPAPI (Firefox) version for the first time, "Flash Player 32b" appears in the control panel.
3.- If you want to uninstall, it goes to control panel, programs and features and are uninstalled. The ActiveX is internal and can never be uninstalled. What happens is that the direct access remains in the control panel forever.
4.- To remove this shortcut, we rename:
C: \ WINDOWS \ SysWOW64 \ FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
  C: \ WINDOWS \ SysWOW64 \ FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl.ori
and restart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.- Por defecto W10 64b en el panel de control, no trae el icono de Flash Player, pero sí tiene Flash Player ActiveX instalado para IE/Edge aunque no lo veas.

2.- Cuando instalas por primera vez la versión PPAPI(Chrome) o NPAPI (Firefox) aparece "Flash Player 32b" en el panel de control.

3.- Si se quieren desinstalar, se va a panel de control, programas y características y se desinstalan. El ActiveX es interno y nunca podrá desinstalarse. Lo que ocurre es que queda el acceso directo en el panel de control para siempre.

4.- Para quitar este acceso directo, renombramos:

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl.ori

y reiniciamos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines