• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Control Panel missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign control panel does not appear and I can find no help with this. I have a greyed out Show All Menus as well. I have del prefs, started a new user account and still can't find an answer on the internet. Anyone got a suggestion?  Thanks

screen.jpeg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Thanks for all your great suggestions, (workspaces weren't working properly, resetting didn't work, and there was no control option on window), there was only one thing that worked, re-installing Windows, and EVERYTHING else (what a job!). But, it all works wonderfully now.  I suspect registry problems, corrupt 'stuff'. It's the realm of 'techno-geeks', and way beyond me, but it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: CC Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping, but, this didn't work. Total malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With nothing selected hold shift and press tab.

correction: Shift-Tab goes for the workspace panels.. just Tab with nothing selected will activate/deactivate the control panel and tools menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you choose Window > Control?

InDesign CCss_015.png

Or, Window > Workspace > Essentials, then Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials?

InDesign CCss_016.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your workspace set to Start? I've seen this same thing happen when the workspace switches while you are in a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Start option is not highlighted so I can't put it back on that option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your great suggestions, (workspaces weren't working properly, resetting didn't work, and there was no control option on window), there was only one thing that worked, re-installing Windows, and EVERYTHING else (what a job!). But, it all works wonderfully now.  I suspect registry problems, corrupt 'stuff'. It's the realm of 'techno-geeks', and way beyond me, but it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you are back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this help to someone.

I had the problem that my Control went missing when I unplug the second monitor. The resolution kind of mess up everything and Control went missing. What I realized is, when clicking on Control menu at the right and choosing "Dock at bottom or top" I got the Control back and now I could choose "Float" and set it anywhere. No need for clicking or unclicking in Window panel or resetting the program.

CheersScreenshot 2019-02-03 at 17.40.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That hamburger button to bring up the menu you are showing is on the control strip. How in the world are you getting to these settings if the control strip is missing to start with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but hopefully this comment will still help someone. I had a similar problem, my top control bar wasn't showing up like it normally would and I didn't remember changing any settings. I tried resetting "essentials" but it didn't do anything. 

Finally, after messing with the settings for a while, I figured out that clicking on windows>control brings it back! Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines