• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image location problems

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really confused on this and I can not figure out why this is happening.

I am combining multiple projects into one. I want to have all my images located in one folder so that I can avoid duplication as much as possible.

Using Project manager, I transfered (one at a time) all the images to the image folder. They show up in the project root folder (Project Files).

I created new images and saved them to the image folder and they show up in the image folder (not visable within project manager). When I look at window's explorer, I see most of my images in the project root folder, and I see the other images in a "image" folder located under the root.

I need all my images to be in the image folder under the root and for that particular folder to be visable within RH7 Project Manager.

I hope this all makes sense.

What could possible be causing this and how do I correct it?

For what its worth, I have a demo folder for videos and it shows up properly under multimedia.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bigbrook

See if the link below helps explain it.

Click here to read an article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. That does help. I'm sure I can move the images from the root into a special named folder. My question is how can I move the images from the Windows Explorer "Images" folder - images that are already included in the project - while still maintaining the links when I cannot see the Windows Explorere "Images" folder within Robohelp Explorer.

I checked and when I added the images to the page, it added the image fine, but they did not move to the root.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again bigbrook

Probably the best thing you can do at this point is to just use the RoboHelp Project Manager pane/pod and onesy twosey drag the images from the root to the images folder. This way RoboHelp will manage tracking the correct linkage to the image.

You should consider submitting a Wish Form to ask the development team to consider easier ways of handling mass updates to images. The link is below:

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I filled out the wish form, but I still have a problem.

When I set up this project, I created an Image folder that is supposedly connected to the root. When I look at Windows Explorer, I show it as a sub folder of the root, along with the demo (video) !Language!, !SkinSubFolder! and !SSL! folders (among others).

I can see all the sub folders within RH HTML Explorer EXCEPT for the Image folder I created. I am able to Link to images within the Image folder and they display without issue. RH still does not display the individual images in RH HTML Explorer.

How do I move images from this invisable project sub folder to a visable folder while maintaining the links. I know I can move them using Windows Explorer, but I cannot move what I cannot see in RH HTML Explorer.

BTW, I only have 61 images in the Images folder so if I need to move them in windows explorer and reestablish the links I will...but it certainly isn't what I want to do.

I must say that the way RH7 uses and keeps track of images if frustrating at best - though your explination helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

You might give this a try.

Move all the images out of the Image folder to the root level of the project. At this point, hopefully you see them all in RoboHelp. This will be key.

Create a sibling folder using the RoboHelp interface. Call it whatever you like. Just don't call it Image. I'll call mine Boffo. It is crucial that this folder appear in your Project pane.

Once you get the folder created, move all the images from the root folder in RoboHelp to the Boffo folder. We do as much as we can in RoboHelp, so we hopefully have a minimal amount of work to do.

If need be, step behind RoboHelp's back and move all the images from the Image folder to the project root. If they weren't showing before, this may coax them to appear in RoboHelp, where you may move them into the Boffo folder.

Once you are satisfied the Image folder is empty, take a quick peek at RoboHelp and ensure it hasn't mysteriously began to appear. Then delete the folder. Since RoboHelp seems to be unaware of it, this shouldn't be a problem.

Now (from within the RoboHelp interface) attempt to rename the Boffo folder to Image. Assuming that everything works, you should now have a folder in your project named Image.

Give that a go and see how you fare... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp