• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE does not recognize my device

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Digital Editions on my PC on the instructions of my library when I wanted to borrow an ebook, and authorized it with my Adobe ID.  Becuase I want to read the book on my tablet, I then connected my tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, model GT-P5110) and launched ADE as the instructions for transferring an ebook to ereader specify (see Transfer eBook to eReader | Adobe Digital Editions) but ADE is not recognizing my device, even though the computer itself is recognizing it.  I've tried several times with the same results each time and I am getting pretty sick of having my time wasted.  Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem, only in my case the device my ADE isn't recognizing is my Nook reader.  What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, what version of Adobe Digital Editions do you have on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.0....I only downloaded it the day before I asked this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have ADE version 4 and can't get my ADE to recognize my Nook reader.  My mother, OTOH, has ADE version 3 on her computer, and just now her ADE did recognize her Nook.  The library book she downloaded this evening has now been transferred to her Nook.

My conclusion:  if your troublesome ADE is version 4, perhaps you could try uninstalling that version, put on version 3, and see if that version will recognize your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did that and my nook still isn't recognized by digital editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already on ADE 3 and am having the same problem. Maybe someone from ADE should read these forums and give us an answer!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines