10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 1:48 AM by margaretd6431483

Downloading LR6

margaretd6431483 Level 1

I have purchased a copy of LR6 and have to reload.  When I click on the link in helpx.adobe.com it comes up with the message "Access Denied"  I don't have permission!  I have the serial number. 

I hope someone can help

Margaret

• 1. Re: Downloading LR6
          christopherb60805726 Level 1

I have the same problem. I purchased a standalone copy of LR6 last year and recently upgraded to a new computer. I managed to download Lightroom 5 but my serial won't work. I refuse to give in to what is blatantly an attempt to force users onto the creative cloud subscription. I have nothing against the service but it's not right for me and would be exorbitantly expensive for what I would use it for. I just want my damn copy of lightroom 6 that I paid my money for. 

• 2. Re: Downloading LR6
            Abambo Adobe Community Professional

christopherb60805726 wrote:

I have the same problem. I purchased a standalone copy of LR6 last year and recently upgraded to a new computer. I managed to download Lightroom 5 but my serial won't work. I refuse to give in to what is blatantly an attempt to force users onto the creative cloud subscription. I have nothing against the service but it's not right for me and would be exorbitantly expensive for what I would use it for. I just want my damn copy of lightroom 6 that I paid my money for.

Your LR6 serial number will not work with LR5!

When you have a valid serial number, Adobe support will help you to get your LR up and running again. Contact them via chat or phone. But you need to download LR6/CC to start. LR CC is the same binary, depending on the activation you have, LR starts as LR6 or CC.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Downloading LR6

Do you have problems accessing help or starting the program? If you can't start the program because of licensing issues, contact Adobe support Via chat or phone. They will help you. You do not need to buy a subscription.

• 4. Re: Downloading LR6

See here for more information: Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

At the end of the page are the links to contact Adobe.

image.png

• 5. Re: Downloading LR6
                  margaretd6431483 Level 1

Thank you so much for the response.  You can probably tell that I am unfamiliar with the communities so I apologise for my delay in this response.  I am so grateful for your assistance.  My problem is that I purchased the standalone version of LR6.  I downloaded on my MacAir and have been using it successfully there.  I also downloaded onto my big Mac.  However I had problems with that and I uninstalled and tried to install again.  I couldn’t worry about it at that time and made do with the laptop.  Now however, I need to be able to do a project on the big Mac.  I clicked the ling in helpx.adobe.com <http://helpx.adobe.com/> but it gave me the message that access is denied and that I don’t have permission to download.  I have my serial number.   I am happy to go to live chat or to phone Adobe but I can’t find how to do that on the website.  It’s a very unfriendly site.

• 6. Re: Downloading LR6
                    margaretd6431483 Level 1

I have not tried your suggestion to download the single licence app - perhaps that is the answer in my situation?

• 7. Re: Downloading LR6

margaretd6431483 wrote:

I have my serial number. I am happy to go to live chat or to phone Adobe but I can’t find how to do that on the website. It’s a very unfriendly site.

You find the Contact us link at the very end of the page. The icon is a headphone with a microphone.

I think your problem is related with your Mac. I suppose, that you do not have the write permission for the place you want downloading the software.

There is no binary difference between the CC and 6 version. The distinction is done by the type of license / serial number you have. You can download any of them.

You can Also download from an other computer and copy the install file to a stick if that is easier for you.

The only point you need to observe is, that you can activate LR concurrently twice. If you need a third installation, you need first to disable the software on one computer. If that is not possible, because your computer crashed, Adobe can help you. That's when you need contacting Adobe. They will even help you, when the software is no longer supported. And when activation is no more possible, because of a problem with their servers, they will help you by providing a special edition of the software. This happened with the CS2 bundle.

You see, that as long you have a pepetual license and the program runs on your current computer, you do not need to buy a subscription model to run the software.

As I stated before: I suspect the problem being on your computer and not with the Adobe web site. Please post screen shots of the exact message you get. There are people here, who are glad to help.

• 8. Re: Downloading LR6
                        margaretd6431483 Level 1

Thank you for your patience.  The problem may well be to do with the Mac but I did not have any trouble with LR4 and LR5 and initially LR6 was OK as well.  The Mac is less than 2 years old.  I will get screen shot of the message.

I just went back to the same link where I got the message and now the application appears to be downloading.  I am assuming I can leave this thread open until I see what happens?

• 9. Re: Downloading LR6
                          PAWU Level 1

I don't see how yours can be the correct answer?

• 10. Re: Downloading LR6
                            margaretd6431483 Level 1

Thanks PAWU.  I clicked Correct Answer because I did not how else to end the discussion.  I don’t really understand what or how it happened but in trying to follow the advice from the forum I was successful in doing the download.  However, despite having the download, I still couldn’t load it.  Somehow I stumbled on some information that I had to update my software for Adobe Application Manager.  Once I had done that I was able to successfully update to LR6.  It seems to me that my whole problem came back to Adobe Application Manage software being out of date.    Hopefully this information will help others with the same problem.