• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to send long string to cfc without encountering error?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a different question about this, but maybe it was phrased too complex, because no one responded. Is there anyway to get a large amount of text to a cfc? If I put it in a javascript string and try to send it, I get URi too long because the function is turned into an http GET method and turned into a url string which obviously doesnt work because of the limit on URi lengths.

Any ideas? Any way to call a cfc without using a get? This has been boggling my mind for days now - it would seem to me there would have to be SOME way to get large strings to a cfc. Right? No? I hope so!! ;)

Thanks,
Dave
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008
I found the setHTTPMethod parameter used when initializing a cfc for cfajaxproxy - you can change it to POST which obviously solves the problem. Adobe, make POST the default like CFAjax, AJaxCFC, etc!!! Maybe theres some obscure reason to have GET default, who knows...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the setHTTPMethod parameter used when initializing a cfc for cfajaxproxy - you can change it to POST which obviously solves the problem. Adobe, make POST the default like CFAjax, AJaxCFC, etc!!! Maybe theres some obscure reason to have GET default, who knows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation