• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED: If you have this problem start a thread: corrupted Lightroom catalog.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using lightroom and then I got this message: "the catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error." Then I tried to repair the catalog in lightroom but it says this: "The Lightroom catalog is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until it is repaired. I've tried choosing "repair catalog" but it doesn't work. There's a lot of work on this catalog that I need to access. Please let me know how to repair this corrupted catalog.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

The easiest thing to do is to restore a recent backup of your catalog file.

Other than that, I have seen only this one attempt succeed at fixing a corrupted catalog, those instructions are here: Recover A Corrupted Unrepairable Lightroom 3 Catalog With SQLite | More Photography Tips | Photography Blog, Camera Gear…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jdclay,

I am sending you a Private Message , please check and reply.

Regards,

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, Help me too. My catalog encounter same issue exactly. I have 2 catalogs in the same situation

Regards

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I am sending you a Private Message, please check and reply.

Regards,

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too please, same thing here and im about to cry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending you a Private message please check and reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me some help too? My LR5 Catalog appears to be backed up, but the utility doesn't complete the optimization phase and just craps out....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susanm,

Could you please let me know the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer?

Also which operating system are you working on, Windows or MAC?

What is the error that you are getting, if any?

If possible attach a screen shot.

Regards

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Lightroom 5.7, 64-bit. I have Windows 10. The errors are “your computer has run into a problem and has to stop”. “MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.” “Abode Photo Lightroom has stopped working. Windows will close and restart”. “CRITICAL-STRUCTURE-CORRUPTION.” Thanks, susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me too? I also had my external hard drive unplugged twice from my Mac (I know...) and am now getting the message:

"The Lightroom catalog is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until repaired"

I clicked "Repair Catalog" several times. Most of the time I got this message:

"Lightroom encountered problems reading or writing from disk when attempting to repair."

And I would click "Try Again" to no avail.

I also, stupidly, have not backed this catalog up as my other external hard drive stopped working and I am traveling so I haven't been able to buy a new one yet. I am using Lightroom CC 2015. Please help if you can! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cdesilva2,

I am sending you a Private message, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I have the same issue. Could you please assist?

Many thanks!

Zish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zish,

I am sending you a PM, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I'm one of the unlucky guys as well. I get the message "SQLite Database corrupt". Can you help me? I rely on Lightroom for a part of my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default LR makes a backup of the catalog file once a week, depending on when the last time you opened LR and or the last time you did a backup.

So you should be able to use the last backup that was made to restore your catalog to the date of the last backup.

you can also set LR to make a backup every time LR closes. Which if you mare using it for a business I suggest you change that option to do a backup every time LR closes. You do that in the LR "Catalog Settings" dialog on the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I just had my first encounter with an un-readable, corrupt catalog using CC 7.1. Hoping you can assist to repair this catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simdesi,

I am sending you a Private message, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I have a corrupt Lightroom Catalog that cannot be transferred, is there some way a technician can fix it using my computer via the connection portal? I have a lot of work that will be lost otherwise!

Many thanks,

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the most recent backup catalog that LR created automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj.

Can you sand me solution too? Because I have the same problem with my lrcat catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanuj,

Can you send me a private message as well.

Backup catalog is too far out of date.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here. Can you send me the PM too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending you a PM, please check and reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj I am experiencing the same problem, I accidentally deleted the catalog then when I used a recovery program, and tried to open the catalog again, it say's the catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error. I never cried so hard for something like this ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending you a private message, please check and reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines