• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2015 and Yosemite 10.10.3 Error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error when opening the newest version of after effects.

After Effects can’t continue: Error while accessing the preference files inside “/Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.5”, please verify the file permissions and try again.

Please let me know how I can repair it. I've reinstalled After Effects, Other Adobe CC 2015 are not giving me the similar errors.

Thanks

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking the user permissions on the folder. Right-click --> Get Info is your friend.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well by deleting the folder of preferences at /Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.5 I was able to launch After Effects, but then a new error started says that I don't have Quicktime installed "Quicktime is not installed on this system, some components will not work correctly" unfortunately that means rendering to a movie format is pretty much not possible.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of the above and it still won't open. I still get the "/users/xxxx/library/preferences/adobe/after effects/13.8" warning. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, OS version are you using?

What is the exact text of your error message?

Have you tried moving the /users/xxxx/library/preferences/adobe folder to your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the steps above but what worked for me was just moving the file to the desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the only thing that worked for me too. thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get a hold of that file and delete?

Cuz I have the same problem but having hard time finding the folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple hides the Library folder by default. The Google has some suggestions for how to show it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bro! I check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you find the file? we typed in name of file in search bar and nothing came up.

new computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed everything that I'm supposed to, but there is no Adobe folder in my permissions folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have looked for the Adobe folder in my permissions. In the library folder on my Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, I see a folder called PreferencePanes and also Preferences. In the preferences folder, I only see files like this: com.Adobe.After Effects.paths.plist

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 7.03.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 8.14.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the EXACT same problem. There is no Adobe folder in Preferences.

Please can someone from Adobe help with this? I'm paying every month for software I can not use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines