Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect to activation server

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, I purchased an eBook yesterday that is, apparently, only available to be read with Digital Editions.  I downloaded the app to my phone, created an Adobe account to authorize it, and was able to access the book on my phone.

Now I want to access it on my computer as well.  So I downloaded the latest version on Digital editions, 4.5.2.., and tried to authorize it using the Adobe account I created on my phone.  I keep getting the error message that it can't connect to the activation server, and to check that my computer is connected to the internet (which it definitely is).

I even tried with the authorizing without an account, to see if that would work, and I get the same error message.

There is NO Adobe account already associated with the software, since it was a new download, and there is no account to de-authorize first.

Does anyone have any advice on how to continue?

(And this, by the way, is one of the many reasons on why I prefer physical books to eBooks)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?