• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stand-alone Flash player/projector

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where I can find earlier builds of the stand-alone flash players? I have 11.7 and the new 12, but I would like to get all versions of the Flash projector if I could. I have huge collections of Flash games and applications and such (over 123GB), and I would like to also have the debugger option for testing as well.

Also, can anybody recommend any third-party software for playing .swf Flash games or debugging, etc?

I have all the stand-alone projectors and earlier versions available here:

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

and here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

I just would rather switch projectors than have to uninstall Flash and reinstall Flash every time I need to test a new version.

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

These zip files contain ALL releases of the specified versions INCLUDING the Standalone Projectors for Windows and Mac (both standard and debugger)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Download links for old versions of Flash Player were removed several months ago, prior to Flash's end-of-life.  They are not available to anyone.

Please refer to the Enterprise end-of-life FAQ: 

Technical details can be found in the Flash Player Admin Guide, including Enterprise Enablement support: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These zip files contain ALL releases of the specified versions INCLUDING the Standalone Projectors for Windows and Mac (both standard and debugger)

If you need them:

Older Archives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the executable it tells me a newer version of Flash is available, though. Can I extract the installer and get it that way? I'm not sure what kind of installer it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no installer for the "standalone" player, hence the name "standalone". It's an executable by itself. The installers are only for the plug-ins.

Other than on my Mac, I've never used more than one build of the Projector. It doesn't do so well on Windows with multiple copies and multiple builds. Windows Registry and shared DLLs see to that. Without setting up Virtual Machines, it's going to be tough to get around uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, I am such an idiot. I was running the included installer, thinking that was the one that was the stand-alone. The stand-alone players have "_sa" added to them. That really makes me look like a Flash noob.

That solves that problem. Thanks so much, Mike!

Do you (or anyone, lol) know of any third-party software that can play Flash games like the projector? Or do any additional functions, like maybe on-the-fly memory patching, process analyzing, etc? I am looking for any tools or applications that might help me analyze SWF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the Debugger Projector, or Flash Pro or Flex... I'm unaware of any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have some tools but I'm looking to update my toolkit. Actually, I just remembered that SWFTools and SWFRip are open-source, so I think I will throw some source up on GitHub and start making some of my own tools.

I just found out about Sothink SWF Decompiler and Trilix Flash Decompiler as well. I was surprised how much more information is available now as opposed to the last time I checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default stand-alone projector (*_win_sa.exe) is not included in those packages since maybe 11.5. Only the Debug version is in (*_win_sa_debug.exe). However, it is included in long-term (Lts) releases 11.7/10.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, Thanks so much for posting these!  Stand-alone Flash players are surprisingly difficult to find.

I need a stand-alone 14.0.0.179 for Mac -- do you have that, and/or any other stand-alones for Mac of versions higher than you posted above (12.0.0.43)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if anyone is interested this is a standalone flash player not made by adobe. it is the only one i use and it works extremely well. its from a program that converts swf to executable

https://chestersdsc-my.sharepoint.com/personal/nwells1538_chester_k12_sc_us/_layouts/15/guestaccess....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link does not work anymore.

Search a way to create a own standalone player (with modern GUI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We have the current application dependency on Adobe Flash player till we are able to migrate out of Adobe Flash Player dependency. I am trying to access the Comunity link to download the archive for standalone version of Flash player.

Getting error , do not have access. Could any one assist me in getting accees to the community link to download the archives.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_12.0.0.38_archive.zip

my email address if [moderator: personal information removed per forums privacy policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download links for old versions of Flash Player were removed several months ago, prior to Flash's end-of-life.  They are not available to anyone.

Please refer to the Enterprise end-of-life FAQ: 

Technical details can be found in the Flash Player Admin Guide, including Enterprise Enablement support: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines