• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After W10 Pro upgrade, ADE won't launch/come up/inintiate

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I was at Win7, did the free upgrade to W10 Home and then paid upgrade to W10 Pro. Have applied the Anniv update.

Under W7, ADE4.5 was working fine. After all the W10 work, it would fail to come after double-clicking the icon.  There was perhaps a brief flicker somewhere, but I have a fast machine (an Alienware R4 Aurora) that often doesn't display error popups long.

Photoshop CS6 runs fine.

Deinstalled ADE, downloaded the latest (V4.5.2), reinstalled.  Same nothing.

FWIW, I have it installed on a separate apps drive, an SSD, so its binaries will be mostly on that G: drive with the inevitable few on the C: drive. This worked fine under W7 and for all other apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's been 4 days and no answer.  Of course with  DRM, the consumer is stuck with a monopoly product and no recourse.  So why not abuse him or her with no support and a busted product?   Adobe, like Ma Bell of old, doesn't have to care.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, (Has help by my Digital Edition).
Closed all Message of Digital Edition.
Go to My Digital Edition Folder under your Documents and rename it in My DIgital Edition.old.
Then start again Digital Edition with right click and run as Admin.

Now you can download the eBooks agian over file add to Library.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alas, ran it as admin after changing the folder name, but that didn't accomplish anything other than to create a new My Digital Editions folder.

The ADE application window never appears and when I look in Task Manager it isn't there either.

<plaintively> I have books purchased I'd like to read......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines