Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE doesn't detect my kobo ebook reader

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When I connect my Kobo Glo ebook reader to my computer (windows 8) , the ebook reader starts charging (as it should), but when I open Adobe Digital Editions to transfer ebooks, it doesn’t show the ebook reader at all. I can only copy books in a new shelf.

The problem started when I finished my last book and wanted to open a new one (already installed on Kobo), it showed the error Adobe authorisation failed… I could no more open any ebooks at all. As all I tried did not work, I reset the Kobo reader to the original setting and then wanted to connect it to ADE to transfer the ebooks again. But ADE doesn’t detect that the ebook reader is connected. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reader detectet of your Device (PC/Mac)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question? I am using a windows PC (windows 8).

As the Kobo support told me it works best with ADE version 3.0 I have now installed this version, but still the same problem. When I connect the ebook reader, it is charged by the PC, but doesn't appear in ADE so that I cannot copy any books to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your PC charged the Reader you can move the files over the File System to the reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. After using the file system ADE finally recognized my Kobo reader and I could transfer the books.

thanks for the help 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines