• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML Hotspot within a Snippet

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a DHTML drop-down hotspot be created within a hotspot? When I try, the options is grayed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brook

I'm not sure what you are asking. To me, a hotspot is a hyperlink. You click the link and off you go visiting a different topic or opening a popup.

Can you clarify what you mean by hotspot? Do you mean maybe an Image Map hotspot? If so, I'm thinking it would be possible to trigger a DHTML drop-down via an Image Map area, but would require a bit of code futzing to do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I have a list of courses offered in a snippet. I want to put a short description of each course that will display as a drop-down, but only if they click on the word description. On regular pages I am able to use DHTML to create this affect. However, I cannot seem to get the DHTML to work within the snippet. The options are grayed out.

I can launch a popup within the snippet, just not a drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Ahhh, yes I see now. Here's the deal. When you create DHTML effects such as drop-downs, the code is created near the top of the document. I suspect that because of this, the Snippet doesn't allow the DHTML effects because it would add to the overhead of what it has to manage. Also, to allow this, it probably would have required a total re-write of the section of RoboHelp that handles the basic DHTML effects.

I'd suggest you complete a Wish Form asking for this functionality to be added to snippets.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. The Wish has been made. For now I'll just have to make due with pop-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp