• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.2 does not recognize my Sony PRS-650 e-reader

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony PRS-650.  Got a new PC, downloaded ADE, registered to Adobe ID and bought some ebooks.  I plug in my ereader and ADE does fails to show it.

I have ADE 1.7.2 on another computer and that works fine.

Both computers are running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS.

No error messages are being displayed.

Windows Explorer recognises the ereader.

If noboday has an answer for this issue, then perhaps guidance to install older version of ADE would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony Reader are not right work with Digital Edition. Better you used the Program of Sony: Reader for PC/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nanaky,

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my plea. However, with the greatest of respect, I feel I must correct you: It is Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.2 that does not work with the Sony PRS-650 and not the other way round.

As I have already stated, Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2 works fine using the same windows operating system, albeit on a different computer.

So, it is very safe to assume that the Adobe developers did something that invalidated the recognition of the Sony device in their update of the application. I would thus welcome a response from someone close to the development team.

Many thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines